Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: POKERSTARS BONUS OH YEA

I was no longer a VIP in October but got the email anyway for $100. Going to deposit ASAP when i get home later.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM

Why? So you can only play at certain times when it's convenient to you and not all the time?

This bonus clearly does reward loyalty. I play there pretty much exclusively so I'm getting $1,000. Those who do not play as much get less. Those who don't play there much at all get nothing.

That's the way it should be.

Again, you want a bonus in the future, better start playing there. I hope all their bonuses are like this. THAT'S incentive to play there and anyone who denies this is full of it.

Ryan
Old 11-02-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks guys, i emailed support and got my deposit limit increased to $2,000, then swiftly paid $2,000 into my stars account, then found out i'm not even going to start clearing my bonus till i've cleared my last bomus ($1,500 which i had to pay 100,000vpps for! then earn an extra 10,000fpps on top of that). Seems a bit tight that i cant clear both my bonuses simultaneously, especially as i had to pay 100k in vpps for the original bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

25,200 points is easy for a supernova type player, for this you get $2500. I really don't see the problem. Name me a site that gladly lets you clear a $1500 bonus at the same time as a $1000 bonus.. btw- You'll earn 88,200 FPP clearing these, $1323 worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its easy to clear, but i still think they have a nerve making me clear the $1,500 bonus when i had to pay 100,000vpps for them in the first place. Its not like if you order a widescreen tv they make you clear a load more fpps.

I wanted to move back to party as well, but i also want to make the most out of my vpps ive got left. Still got 200,000 vpps which i'll use for more $1,500 bonuses, so looks like im gonna be stuck at stars for a while clearing my bonuses.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice problem to have, but really wanted to move back to party because their peak hours suit me more than stars (i live in UK).
Old 11-02-2006, 06:32 PM

Well, maybe they are doing something right. I'm now tempted to shoot for SuperNova this year. I need 55,000 VPPs. It's doable but only if I move to 5/10 very soon and stay there, and only if I play every single hand I planned on playing for the rest of the year at Stars. In the process I will earn several bonuses at the higher rate ($1,500/100,000 FPP instead of $650/50,000 FPP), and earn them even faster than I otherwise would in the early months of next year if they continue this program.

And, of course, I just started the Full Tilt bonus, of which I've only cleared $160/$600 in the first week. Then i'd have to wait until next year to finish clearing it, with just enough time to keep it from expiring.

It's just kinda lame that if I followed my original plan of dividing my play among Stars and FT, making sure to earn at least 10,000 VPPs on Stars each month, I won't make SuperNova until this time next year since I have to start over in January.

I kind of feel like a pawn in the post Party Poker power vacuum turf war, but maybe it's a good thing if it makes all the sites throw bonus money at me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh well, I guess I will try for Nova, but if I run bad I will have to drop and definitely won't make it in time.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? So you can only play at certain times when it's convenient to you and not all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

so u dont want any casual fish playing only when its convenient to them? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

rewarding loyalty is a good, nay, a great thing for a site to do BUT all sites must also try to attract more and more and more little fishies into the pond with sign-up/reload bonuses or else you guys who play all the time and not just when its convenient to you will soon get fed up feeding off each other.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This bonus clearly does reward loyalty. I play there pretty much exclusively so I'm getting $1,000. Those who do not play as much get less. Those who don't play there much at all get nothing.

That's the way it should be.

Again, you want a bonus in the future, better start playing there. I hope all their bonuses are like this. THAT'S incentive to play there and anyone who denies this is full of it.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]You make alot of valid points.But this one bonus is enough to justify your complete loyalty?? Every minute i play poker online at AP im clearing a bonus,they are endless.So im very happy they finally threw you a bone for making them thousands upon thousands of dollars,but id like to see them establish a pattern of rewarding loyal players like yourself.This one bonus(although a good start,and maybe they are changing their philosophy),does not establish such a pattern as of yet.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:05 PM

Btw,sounds like someone is in love [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]