Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

seems like a great program. PTS doesn't work half the time, and their support is pretty awful, so i'm glad there is finally a better option.

i'm having one problem though. i deleted the cache and now the refresh button is frozen. i see you fixed a "refresh bug" so i'm assuming that's what it is, but i have the newest version and it's still not working.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:58 AM

I have the same problem.

But if you wait for a while, the "Refresh" button becomes active. That's the case with me anyway.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:09 AM

i like the software, it's very useful and i'll probably end up buying it in the future when it goes beta.

i think you could make it a bit more efficient though.

one thing i'd love to see is customizable filters. not sure if you have this already.

basically, i usually classify a game as very good if there are two players sitting at 40% VPIP or higher at a 6 max table. may be you could have a customizable column where you could define a vpip, and you can sort it by how many players are sitting at that table with that vpip or higher.

right now since i only play at party there isn't a whole lot of difference between running through the 5/6 (total players) and just checking to see if there are 4-5 regulars at the table. if there are, i just move on, etc. i could see it being very useful for multiple sites at higher stakes, but for us small/midstakes guys i think having just a easy to see 'how many fish/table' column would make selecting a table easier and not as labor intensive when playing 9 tables at once. can just click refresh, glance at the list, see a open seat at a table with 3 40% vps, sit.

it's a bit distracting when i see a table average VPIP at 50% but i click on table and only see i have hands logged on one person. just makes it a bit quicker i think.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:38 AM

This looks really interesting. I installed yesterday and entered username(glenn) and mail. Still haven't got a mail with a password. I did use a hotmail adress, but if it was junk-filtered it would still end up in my junk email box, right?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:10 AM

Downloaded it, registered, got my password instantly. No problems with getting it to work with Pokertracker so kudo's on that department.

Two things though...

1. 6max!! I know you guys are working on it but I can't really try it out until 6max is added as that is the only thing I play. (I'm just impatient, don't bother repeating that you're on top of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

2. Am I correct in thinking that you are planning to charge 29$ a month for the end product? I think that's a bit steep for the lower stakes players. Can't you put in a possibility to only get it working up to a certain stake for 9,95$ then an intermediate for 19,95$ and all stakes for 29,95$? This would bring some balance in the amount of BB this software costs you a month and the amount it will make you.

I for one will not be using this if it's 29$ a month for the time being, if I start playing higher stakes it's a different story of course as I do understand the potential extra profit this software brings.

I'm really eager to see it work with a couple of sites implemented, that's going to be really great!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2006, 07:56 AM

just wanted to say that i too like the software, and appreciate the support/time you're putting in to make the potential customers happy.

but like a few other people have said, i think $30/month is too much.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a great program. PTS doesn't work half the time, and their support is pretty awful, so i'm glad there is finally a better option.

i'm having one problem though. i deleted the cache and now the refresh button is frozen. i see you fixed a "refresh bug" so i'm assuming that's what it is, but i have the newest version and it's still not working.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have the same problem.

But if you wait for a while, the "Refresh" button becomes active. That's the case with me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

We havent heard about this one until these posts.
Josh - is it completely unworkable for you? Usually when the refresh bug shows up, resetting the program will fix any problems.

If that doesnt fix it, Ben will soon enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers
-Dan
Old 07-16-2006, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the software, it's very useful and i'll probably end up buying it in the future when it goes beta.

i think you could make it a bit more efficient though.

one thing i'd love to see is customizable filters. not sure if you have this already.

basically, i usually classify a game as very good if there are two players sitting at 40% VPIP or higher at a 6 max table. may be you could have a customizable column where you could define a vpip, and you can sort it by how many players are sitting at that table with that vpip or higher.

right now since i only play at party there isn't a whole lot of difference between running through the 5/6 (total players) and just checking to see if there are 4-5 regulars at the table. if there are, i just move on, etc. i could see it being very useful for multiple sites at higher stakes, but for us small/midstakes guys i think having just a easy to see 'how many fish/table' column would make selecting a table easier and not as labor intensive when playing 9 tables at once. can just click refresh, glance at the list, see a open seat at a table with 3 40% vps, sit.

it's a bit distracting when i see a table average VPIP at 50% but i click on table and only see i have hands logged on one person. just makes it a bit quicker i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heya, mk

If you right click the toolbar, you'll see a Custom Scoring option. This will allow you to set the rules you want. There is a Custom Scoring walkthrough guide on our website.

If you only want to search for people with 40% vpip or higher, all you would need is 1 rule, and then you could sort your tables by Fish Score and see how many qualifying players are sitting at each table.

It's not exactly what you were asking for, but it would get the job done just as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope this helps,
-Dan
Old 07-16-2006, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This looks really interesting. I installed yesterday and entered username(glenn) and mail. Still haven't got a mail with a password. I did use a hotmail adress, but if it was junk-filtered it would still end up in my junk email box, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually tested my personal hotmail address the first time I tested the sign-up process, and had the exact same problem. I always expect to see filtered mail in my junkmail folder too, but it seems like hotmail completely blocks ours.

When Ben sees this message, he'll send you your user info (if he hasnt already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

-Dan
Old 07-16-2006, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Downloaded it, registered, got my password instantly. No problems with getting it to work with Pokertracker so kudo's on that department.

Two things though...

1. 6max!! I know you guys are working on it but I can't really try it out until 6max is added as that is the only thing I play. (I'm just impatient, don't bother repeating that you're on top of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

2. Am I correct in thinking that you are planning to charge 29$ a month for the end product? I think that's a bit steep for the lower stakes players. Can't you put in a possibility to only get it working up to a certain stake for 9,95$ then an intermediate for 19,95$ and all stakes for 29,95$? This would bring some balance in the amount of BB this software costs you a month and the amount it will make you.

I for one will not be using this if it's 29$ a month for the time being, if I start playing higher stakes it's a different story of course as I do understand the potential extra profit this software brings.

I'm really eager to see it work with a couple of sites implemented, that's going to be really great!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just wanted to say that i too like the software, and appreciate the support/time you're putting in to make the potential customers happy.

but like a few other people have said, i think $30/month is too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim - 6max limit fish scoring will be up shortly. Until then you can still take advantage of the custom scoring option. It wont be as complex, but you dont always need dynamite to catch a fish [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As for the cost - we've been discussing this in great detail lately, and the good news is - the payment system will be tiered. The more features you wish to have, the higher the price.

This means that people who only want to scan 1 site, or just a few games will have to pay much less than the multi-tabling multi-lobbying full timers.

The exact prices are still unknown, but I will tell you this - once Sixth Sense supports 5+ different sites, (and it will much sooner than you would expect) the people who take advantage of the ability to scan multiple lobbies will not regret the <1$/day it would cost them to do so.

Even at the 25NL level, the EV vs the cost would be far in favor of the player. (But at the 25NL level, you really wouldnt need multiple sites...so it'd be cheaper anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

When we can give you more detail on the price, we will.

As for the beta period - Would 20$ for a minimum 1 month guaranteed (Full) service be fair? By full service I mean - every site, every limit, every game we upgrade to support, you have access to until the end of the beta period. If we're not ready to release at the end of that period - free extention for all beta customers.
This isn't set in stone, we're still bouncing ideas around.

Hope that cleared some things up for y'all.

And thank you all for your kind words [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We love to see our work appreciated.

later
-Dan