Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Moneygram is it as easy as sounds?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think this is why moneygram/WU will always be a safe haven, since illegals seem to be politically off limits, so luckily us poker players get a free ride on their coattails.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wrong. An attorney general in AZ has been confiscating millions in WU transfers to southern AZ, claiming that if there for/from a Mexican there probably payments to a coyote.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the one from the Roadrunner cartoons I fail to see what he is worried about.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your wrong. An attorney general in AZ has been confiscating millions in WU transfers to southern AZ, claiming that if there for/from a Mexican there probably payments to a coyote.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i had no idea. I'll look for an article about that. but from what you say it sounds like a local DA, not a federal policy. I mean, I think some local counties along the border do want to stop illegal immigration, but obviously the federal policy is to let them through.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think this is why moneygram/WU will always be a safe haven, since illegals seem to be politically off limits, so luckily us poker players get a free ride on their coattails.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the one from the Roadrunner cartoons I fail to see what he is worried about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he runs customer support at Full Tilt.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now to figure out how to get my $$ out of Stars after clearing the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]I get checks within 5 to 10 days of requesting them. Can't really complain. Like you said, it's not Neteller, but it's what we got.

And BTW, MoneyGram so simple and easy. 9.95 is just 1.67% of $600, so it's almost like we just pickup a credit card processing fee. And compared to the other methods ($24 PayTru, $30 ePassporte, and $58 Western Union), MoneyGram isn't just cheap and easy, it feels a lot more secure than PayTru and/or ePassporte.

Western Union would be fine, but $58? Fuhgeddaboudid.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Couldn't have gone easier.

Went to the bank withdrew $610. Drove five minutes to the Acme was directed to the MoneyGram phone and within a minute I had a confirmation code and went to the desk to give them my $609.95. Took a couple minutes for her to punch in the numbers to get my recipt but went smoothly overall.

Deposted at 2:28
Credited at 2:48

Are you guys withdrawing with your paytru card and then emptying it at an ATM? How much is the fee on the withdraw like 2.95 or something?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 PM

i just went to a moneygram place and they gave me a form, and said i have to know the destination and receiver's name. they didnt say anything about a phone. i emailed stars and they gave me some automated response crap that didnt help me. maybe i should try another moneygram store?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this looks like a great option but I am a little worried because most of the cashout options require having made one deposit first (epassport etc).

Since Moneygram doesn't allow for getting cashouts, does anyone have a plan how to get winnings back later?

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Check

[/ QUOTE ]
So what do we do when the bank stops taking the checks?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:54 PM

Now that we can use these ghetto checkcashing places like money gram, WU, can we cash the checks from the pokersites any where we want? Jim's liquort store and checkcashing?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:58 PM

suzy,
that sounds like you got a regular moneygram form instead of moneygram express. You need to do moneygram express, and you shouldn't need that other information.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:32 PM

I also got shot down.. They said they needed a destination and a name.. On the form theres no where you can even put the info stars sent me.. Guess Ill email them fuc i thought this was gonna be easy...