Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: I got a coach

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
coolmoedee is really really cool

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i'd really like to see him play some sort of one on one challenge, perhaps for a large amount of money

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. like what?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 PM

c'mon guys, it's been a while since there has been a hu4rollz on BBV

make it happen
Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM

shootaa,

I'm not going to play you heads up because I don't want to get into the dickwaving contest with you. If you want to defend your play, I will give you the chance. I wasted 30 minutes of my time going through this video, and typing this up all nicely, so here's your shot:

1) You say in your video you play 5/10. How many hands? Can we see some screenshots of your results?
2) 4:19 - If you get check raised you would min reraise to induce a shove. WHen have you ever done that as a bluff? At 1/2, how does betting and then min reraising not look unbelievably strong? What evidence do you have that an unknown will react by shoving to your play that screams strength?
3) 5:15 - If you think his hand is an 88 type why would you value bet the river when your read is that he is bluffing? What does betting accomplish if he hit the flop? A queen will fold, and wouldn't a king bet in his position if you check?
4) 11:15 - Wouldn't you get more credit 3 betting AT the hand after you 3 bet since you hypothetically won't be reraising light two hands in a row, especially given your self-proclaimed "solid image"? And you have position.
5) 16:30 - If just playing solid poker like you suggest why are you trying to push the envelope with 3 betting against players you give credit to as being solid?
6) 17:20 - Nice call OOP with KT vs the solid player, and then deciding you were going to make a move without even seeing the flop.
7) 20:00 - calling someone retarded. That's professional
8) 24:45 - So you are putting him on exactly AK or AQ when you should be weak, and therefore it's a good spot to squeeze? Can't you call preflop and represent a completely different range than you have?
9) RESULTS??? Thought you were trying to be the aggressor, but you got run over.
10) Nice spam
Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shootaa,

I'm not going to play you heads up because I don't want to get into the dickwaving contest with you. If you want to defend your play, I will give you the chance. I wasted 30 minutes of my time going through this video, and typing this up all nicely, so here's your shot:

1) You say in your video you play 5/10. How many hands? Can we see some screenshots of your results?
2) 4:19 - If you get check raised you would min reraise to induce a shove. WHen have you ever done that as a bluff? At 1/2, how does betting and then min reraising not look unbelievably strong? What evidence do you have that an unknown will react by shoving to your play that screams strength?
3) 5:15 - If you think his hand is an 88 type why would you value bet the river when your read is that he is bluffing? What does betting accomplish if he hit the flop? A queen will fold, and wouldn't a king bet in his position if you check?
4) 11:15 - Wouldn't you get more credit 3 betting AT the hand after you 3 bet since you hypothetically won't be reraising light two hands in a row, especially given your self-proclaimed "solid image"? And you have position.
5) 16:30 - If just playing solid poker like you suggest why are you trying to push the envelope with 3 betting against players you give credit to as being solid?
6) 17:20 - Nice call OOP with KT vs the solid player, and then deciding you were going to make a move without even seeing the flop.
7) 20:00 - calling someone retarded. That's professional
8) 24:45 - So you are putting him on exactly AK or AQ when you should be weak, and therefore it's a good spot to squeeze? Can't you call preflop and represent a completely different range than you have?
9) RESULTS??? Thought you were trying to be the aggressor, but you got run over.
10) Nice spam

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ material
Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 PM

Business promoting gone bad.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Business promoting gone bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The video was solid. This guys just trying to start something for no apparent reason pretty much trying to assert that Reid's a bad player/coach.. Then he backs down to a HU challenge to prove otherwise.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 AM

I personally would never consider this website when taking into consideration the number of better sites/coaches available.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 AM

fwiw:

- solid brag, OP.
- solid website - makes me wish i wasnt so lazy.
- ive never really talked to shoota/slider but i've always assumed they were solid. And my assumptions are always right.

Finally, to all the haters, you're idiots.

Lets see some HU 4 ROLLZ.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- solid website - makes me wish i wasnt so lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 8th grade HTML skills came in handy for something~
Old 11-07-2007, 03:11 AM

i've had a lesson with shootaa and talked to him on aim a bunch of times.

hes really helpful and roolz at teh pokerz!!

for serious.