Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

You're not wrong OP, you're just an idiot
Old 09-08-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the OP's kid is doing something that is not only not a guaranteed legal right, but in many places, explicitly illegal (playing in the street).

Sorry NT, you have no idea what you're saying here. We have a right to be out there. Especially when you consider the kids are on bikes, which makes them legally operating a vehicle in the street which cars have to yield to, but that's beside the overall point that we are legally allowed to be playing out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this, people claim bikes have the right to be out there and cars should yield to them. Guess what, bikes have to obey the same laws that cars do also. Its amusing to see people all serious about biking on the street with their helmet and mirrors and flashing lights as they roll through stop sign after stop light.

Also, you should look up the laws in your state/city. Here's one example of how you DON'T have the right to play in the street: http://www.co.henrico.va.us/police/c...nginstreet.pdf

Edit: Here's another one, saying its illegal: http://www.troymi.gov/TrafficEnginee...at%20play.html
There's also one about it illegal in Philly, but I'm sure you get the point.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:01 PM

I want to have kids, but the whole neighborhood coalition and Cul De Sac thing makes me want to kill myself.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:07 PM

I played basketball on a suburban street religiously from the age of 9 up. I remember there used to be this one old black guy who would accelerate whenever he saw us and we would all run out of the way. That was always the high point of our games, waiting for the crazy black guy to try to run us over.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-08-2007, 12:29 PM

Do you mental patients criticizing the OP for letting his kids play in the street know what a cul-de-sac is? Hint: it's not 5th Avenue.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mental patients criticizing the OP for letting his kids play in the street know what a cul-de-sac is? Hint: it's not 5th Avenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also not a yard/park/sidewalk/driveway.

The criticism isn't so much that he's letting the kids play in the cul-de-sac.

The criticism is that he knows it creates a dangerous situation and continues to do it, sticking his thumbs in his years yelling "LALALALALA I'M RIGHT AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

Being correct and being stupid are not mutually exclusive.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever have kids, I wouldnt knowingly put them in a dangerous situation like this. And you cant refute that it is dangerous....or there wouldnt have been an OP. Cars belong on the street, kids belong in yards. The OP is displaying the same irrational thinking as the HS kids mom in defending her kids, try to think about things rationally, from hte viewpoint of someone WHO DOES NOT have kids, because when children enter the mix a lot of logic goes out the window.

there is no way in hell Im ever going to let my 1 to 5 year olds play in any street..ever. that is bad parenting
Old 09-08-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides being a poor parent based on his posts it sounds like the OP doesn't know what a cul-de-sac is.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:47 PM

seriously, who do newborns to 4 year olds need to be playing in the street? i can understand 8+ boys playing in the street because cement > grass, but what the [censored], I would never allow a 3 year old to play in the street, regardless if "Frank and Jennie are watching them"