Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Re: The demise of Gigabet

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone that is so interested in hearing other players bust stories are pathetic. The majority of you guys are losing poker players who are jealous of others success. You enjoy hearing other players failures as it makes you feel better about your miserable lives. Go back to the NL 25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's human nature. And some of these people have painted a picture of themselves as being very tall, leading to a harder fall.

I doubt very few would enjoy humble players going bust, ie someone like Fossilman.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:09 PM

You make a valid point, and I do understand that. However, I still think it is sick to see so many people happy when others do poorly.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I still think it is sick to see so many people happy when others do poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The majority of you guys are losing poker players who are jealous of others success. You enjoy hearing other players failures as it makes you feel better about your miserable lives. Go back to the NL 25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it makes you happy that they are losing players at the 25NL tables right?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:39 PM

Nice attempt to spin the situation. I think it is obvious from my comments I am indifferent to what they do.

Go take a psychology class instead of wasting time making 6,000 meaningless posts.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it makes you happy that they are losing players at the 25NL tables right?

[/ QUOTE ]

KingNeo must lead the most horrible life ever if he isn't interested in hearing about other people. How would you socially interact with other people? I'm just not sure. What would you spend your time doing? Does he watch tv? movies? read books? etc.

Must be quite the hermit if you ask me.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KingYao must lead the most horrible life ever if he isn't interested in hearing about other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was KingNeo. I think King Yao is doing fine, far as I can tell. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone that is so interested in hearing other players bust stories are pathetic. The majority of you guys are losing poker players who are jealous of others success. You enjoy hearing other players failures as it makes you feel better about your miserable lives. Go back to the NL 25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

These people put themselves in the spotlight. Attention is what they wanted. Comes with the territory.

You do realize it's possible to be interested in poker celebrity gossip solely for it's entertainment value, right?

Am I jealous of some of the successes Gigabet has had? Sure, why wouldn't I be.

But to suggest my interest in this originates solely from spiteful envy is just silly.

By your logic, my interest in something like the Marth Stewart Trial, Kate Moss on tape doing blow, or the adventures of K-Fed would all be based on jealousy, no?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice attempt to spin the situation. I think it is obvious from my comments I am indifferent to what they do.

Go take a psychology class instead of wasting time making 6,000 meaningless posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum exists because people like you, gigabet, ZJ, stox, bk, baronzeus, Zeebo, and more all claim to make tons of money and everyone knows about it. Now, when it turns out that someone might be lying about that money, or cheating to get it, it's open season. If you don't like it, try the New, Views, and Morals forum.

Sponger, shut up with your 12000 posts, and take a psych class.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 PM

My comments are focused towards the people who are happy about others demise. That is weak.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My comments are focused towards the people who are happy about others demise. That is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said them in a way that made it seem like you were attacking everyone interested in the story.