Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Real questions about pro choice

<font color="blue"> What seems illogical about it? Your the one demanding that a person who has committed murder is put in jail. If it's that important to you then why not watch the prisoner yourself? </font>

Uh, I think I do play an indiviual role in this. I pay for public prosecuters, prison guards, prison housing, in the form of taxes, don't I?

I also sacrifice my time and do my part by serving jury duty. So maybe we've hit upon a solution...

Pro-lifers should be assessed a special tax that pays for all of the housing, food, education, and upbringing for all these unwanted children. And they should take turns serving as foster parents for these kids. You're a genuis! You've solved the abortion problem! Let's submit this to our congressmen today!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. If you are pro-choice, what is your "cut-off point" after which the mother has no right to take the fetus' life?

[/ QUOTE ]

After the mother decides to give birth, and actually implements that decision.

[ QUOTE ]

2. What is your reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Rights" only apply to biologically distinct human beings. A fetus, though alive, has no more rights than the other living cells in a woman's body. It does not acquire them until the mother makes the volitional choice to give birth.

So yes, I think a woman should legally be permitted to abort her fetus during the entire pregnancy.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Rights" only apply to biologically distinct human beings.

[/ QUOTE ]
"rights" apply to whatever we decide to confer them up.

It may be your opinion that they should only be confered after birth. Not going to criticise that at all, but others have equally valid, different opinions.

There's no matter of fact about "rights"

chez
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 AM

is this some kind of experiment to see if a thread will collapse into itself if the density of its lameness is high enough?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:07 PM

"My argument is this: It is not possible to determine when *exactly* life begins, scientifically, anyway. [If you disagree with this point, please explain]."

True. Life began several billion years ago on Earth. Maybe before that elsewhere in the universe.

Human life is irrelevant. We're here now; we'll be gone at some point. Here today, gone tomorrow.

I don't really care about fetuses.... As a human, what happens to a fetus "post-birth" seems more important to me. When a fetus is aborted, it's gone. When a fetus is born into the world, then it becomes important.

Rate these fetuses:

1. Nice white woman fetus in Europe, North America; vs dark skinned woman fetus in Bolivia, Zimbabwe.

2. Crack momma fetus vs Texas cheerleader fetus.

3. I can go on....

Personally I don't give a rip about the fetus. The important thing is what will and should occur for an actual child that will result.

JB
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 AM

i would say im in between on the LEGAL right to choose, but i dont ever think its right to get an abortion. mothers-to-be might make themselves temporarily feel better by telling themsleves they just didnt kill their own child, but they did. ive known a fw who have felt oh so terrible after their aboriton... The whole legal stuff gets hard to tell because, yre right, its their body supporting the life, so maybe they do have a right to choose, but at some point that has to be revoked as well, i would probaby say at any point that the fetus can possibly survive on its own, that right should be revoked. i mean damn, when they abort at that point, they really do suck the brains out the kid and just kill him, every doctor i know (5 to be exact) has told me its a real person at that point, but i dont know any [censored] up abortion doctors.

personally, i roll with the birth control, but if something [censored] up id expect her to have my kid even if it meant only me taking care of it. in fct, if she was thinking of aborting i might just threaten to kill the bitch, and if she did it, who nkows what id really do, ive had like 13 shots and am wandering the wrong forums, but she killed my god damn kid and i should proabbly kill her.