Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: very angry note on my car

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You suck at OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never been in a real fight have you?

Once you have, please feel free to talk to me about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG!!!11!!!1111 I'Ve been in a fight and I totally PWNED teh guy! LOOK how cool I am! so tough!!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 PM

I stand corrected ...

OP SHOULD go after the guy with a tire iron. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for clarifying the race demographic. Can't believe a white person would do something like that! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what, black people commit more violent crimes per capita than white people. Even though leaving a note is not a criminal act, feeling like a "white" neighborhood is more safe than a "black" neighborhood is not unfair or racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the note is in itself a sign of a white neighborhood, since black people can't write 'n stuff.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:51 PM

You stole my thunder, citanul.

WOWIE ZOWIE WHAMMY BLAMMY!

The note-writer is clearly being a stiffly stifferson.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:07 PM

One thing I hate probably more than anything else are people that act like such hard asses. What does that note prove? So you had to jockey a little bit to get your car out. Get a grip. There are much worse things in life for God's sake. Life is too short to get irate and hostile about stupid little things like this.

For example, I was driving on the interstate today in an unfamiliar area. I discovered that my exit was coming up quick and I had to get across three lanes of traffic pretty fast because I was in the far left. So I checked my mirrors and got over to the right as well as I could without disrupting the flow of traffic or making anyone brake. I got into the correct lane and look to my left at this jaguar that's about to pass me. Then, I notice that the driver is looking at me, pointing at me angrily, and yelling like a crazy person. Of course, I can't hear a word he's saying since his passenger window was up, but that didn't stop him. He keeps at it for several seconds until I veer off on my exit ramp. I'm assuming I accidentally cut him off a little when I was changing lanes or something. I really have no idea though.

Seriously, how miserable must this moron's life be? Settle down. It wasn't anything major, and even if I did make a minor breach of etiquette, it was neither intentional or malicious.

Mean people suck.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For example, I was driving on the interstate today in an unfamiliar area. I discovered that my exit was coming up quick and I had to get across three lanes of traffic pretty fast because I was in the far left. the driver is looking at me, pointing at me angrily, and yelling like a crazy person. I'm assuming I accidentally cut him off a little when I was changing lanes or something. I really have no idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your anecdote about mean people is that you tell a story about you recklessly cutting across the highway at a high speed and a guy rightfully got mad at you? Why is HE an A-hole? Because he was driving a Jaguar? I don't get this story.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for clarifying the race demographic. Can't believe a white person would do something like that! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what, black people commit more violent crimes per capita than white people. Even though leaving a note is not a criminal act, feeling like a "white" neighborhood is more safe than a "black" neighborhood is not unfair or racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, so obviosuly if there were a few black people in the OP's building, the OP would need to watch his back. Luckily he lives in a nice safe "whites only" building.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:56 PM

further update:

In a twist that is sure to please everyone, a friend in the building says that he is 'pretty sure i know who this is' and that he is a black man who is a 'steroid freak' and basically lives at the gym.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not get your landlord to fix your drainage problem or change your spot to one that doesn't flood?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on mate. This is a landlord problem. Get him to fix it, but dont let your hero in the jeep et away with it. Call him out on his little note, or you'll cop it for a good while.

[/ QUOTE ]

what did the guy in teh jeep do? some moron blocked his spot by parking illegally, because he didnt want to get his shoes wet. a note would havvve been the least of what I would have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't completely blocked - it just took him 10 seconds to get out instead of 5. I would go with something like this:

"There's no need to get nasty here. Grow up. My spot was flooded and I couldn't use it. I knew you could still get out so I parked here. I'm getting the apartments to fix my spot. Relax."

Then take the letter with you and show it to the apartment management. It might get them stirred up to do something. If not, look into landlord/tenant laws - threaten small claims court if you have anything damamged.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Roybert sucks at OOT.