Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: a special kind of [censored]

I saw 2001 when I was about that age and it scared the absolute s--- out of me, I wasn't able to watch it for like 10 years.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate it when I get to a stop sign at the same time as another car and b/c I am not in any big hurry I decide to wave the guy through. The guy is looking right at me like an idiot and doesn't move even though I am motioning for him to drive. Well, since he won't go I figure someone needs to so I step on the gas and it never fails, as soon as I go it is like something triggers in their pea brain in which they too have to go. We both stop again, rinse repeat, wtf!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you just went when it was your turn none of this would happen. FWIW, if someone at a four-way stop clearly has the right-of-way, I will usually ignore their offer to go first. I think this has to do with my driver ed training from twenty-five years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad reading comprehension, or an assumption that people know who has the right of way in this case?

Ray
Old 03-26-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The people who have cell phone conversations during movies rank near the top of the list for me. This seems to be happening with greater frequency these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because people don't do anything about these atrocities anymore.

Do the world a favor... next time you see someone being a jerk in any of the above-mentioned capacities, call them on the carpet for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's your suggestion? Exacerbate the situation by making a scene in the middle of the movie? Confront the person after the movie? Do you know who is doing this mostly? Young people -- teenagers. People who probably would be more prone to violence over such nonsense than I am. Do you think that's still a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a huge generalization. Some of the atrocities mentioned teenagers are more responsible, some of them aren't... like almost all of the driving ones (shear statistics say there are vastly more non-teenage drivers).

If you are too afraid to call people out for things that are horribly inconsiderate, you are fueling the fire for that behavior to continue.

If I touched a hot stove and didn't get burned, why wouldn't I touch it again?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Zeebo,

If I didn't pay for the appetizer I am probably not going to just reach in an grab the last piece with speed before anyone can react just so that I can get it. I think the proper way to handle it is to ask if anyone wants the last piece, the people I am usually with will reply with, "go ahead its all yours." But then again I don't believe I have ever ordered just one appetizer if it has 5 pieces and there are 4 of us. Usually there is some discussion involved that goes like this, "There are 5, you think that is enough?" "Meh, I dunno man, I think I can eat two." "Me too." "Same here, I think we should order two of these things."

El D does bring up a good point about the company you are with. If I am eating with 3 long time friends I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow probably but if it were a double date and it was some guy I have never met I would think it was weird. Either circumstance though I wouldn't reach in and grab the last one w/o saying something.

Also, I never really worry about these things that much b/c I am not a big appetizer eater.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would count driving half a mile on the shoulder and then trying to force your way back into stopped traffic on this list

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this to, but it doesn't bother me at all when someone else does it. Like Ding-Dong said, if you can't beat them, join them. I also go for the 5th appetizer in a group of 4. I will split it if someone else is eyeing it which happens a little more than half the time.

I used to be really considerate of others and never budd or take more than my share, but it was really irritating to get taken advantage of. Now I usually just go for it, and don't care if someone cheats/cuts.

One thing that is never justified is cutting in line at the bar/fast food or any other line.

Also for the OP,
this was about 4 years ago in senior year of high school. The school is having a fashion show event. Girl (incredibly hot) tries to reserve the last 8 seats for her friends. Old lady tries to sit down and the girl starts yelling at her. Old lady is really confused, she doesn't really speak english, just keeps saying "I come to see my granddaughter" I tried to get involved and back up the old lady, but she thought I was yelling at her too. She started crying. I thought that was a [censored] thing to do.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Tie always goes to the right at a 4 way, since they have the "right" of way.

[ QUOTE ]
Daryn,

Friday night at a concert I am at the bar waiting to order a beer. I have been clearly waiting for a very long time, the bartender and I make contact and she knows I am next after she makes one of the runners orders. These two guys walk up to the bar and they sort of elbow their way in front of me but do it in a way that makes them in front of me w/o being really aggressive. I think to myself that if they get to order before me I am going to say something. The bartender looks right past them and asks for my order. The two guys say, "heeeeyyyy, what is this?" I look right at the guy next to me and say, "Are you [censored] kidding me? You have been here for 5 seconds, at least the bartender has a clue." He says, "Oh so its like that?" I ignore him b/c I don't even know what this means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bartender 15 years here. I try to never let [censored] do this. I am already angry so when i see morons like this i will just ignore them forever. These kind of idiots are not going to tip anyway, so i make their asses wait.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hate it when I get to a stop sign at the same time as another car and b/c I am not in any big hurry I decide to wave the guy through. The guy is looking right at me like an idiot and doesn't move even though I am motioning for him to drive. Well, since he won't go I figure someone needs to so I step on the gas and it never fails, as soon as I go it is like something triggers in their pea brain in which they too have to go. We both stop again, rinse repeat, wtf!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you just went when it was your turn none of this would happen. FWIW, if someone at a four-way stop clearly has the right-of-way, I will usually ignore their offer to go first. I think this has to do with my driver ed training from twenty-five years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad reading comprehension, or an assumption that people know who has the right of way in this case?

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

When two cars get to a 4-way intersection at the same time, the car on the right has the right-of-way. I assume that most people know basic traffic rules.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? So two people roll to a stop sign at the same time. Yes, the same time...I don't have some electronic device in my car that prints some read out that tells me precisely who got their first to the millisecond so we are going to have eyeball this one, you with me? The other car has the right-of-way and isn't making a move to go so you motion for him to move and he just sits there like a dipsh*t. You go and then he goes. What don't you get? Or are you just trying to argue about something?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM

oh ya,
people who don't tip at a restaurant. That really pisses me off.