Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Official Midge \"I hate the USA and also Christians\" Thread

Is this Midge's last shot at rehab before you let him live under the ban bridge with his crack pipe and hit bottom?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that ACers have not much to say about their handling of veterans rights (they simply do not exists in AC land) or compensation, since none has bothered to reply to my question above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

I answered your question. Without a state, "veterans" have the same rights everyone else does.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Midge, I promised in the ATF thread you are pretending not to read that I would give you a chance to be less annoying. I'm going to give you a few tips now:

1. Fewer exclamation points.

2. Fewer smilies.

3. Fewer flames (calling Alex obtuse)

4. Respect the beliefs of other people.

5. If you choose to participate in AC threads in the future, read the AC FAQ in the sticky and do not post criticisms of AC without demonstrating that you comprehend it.

These tips are not suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Actually read other people's responses before continuing to harp on a illogically-formed point that's been addressed and debunked?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:30 PM

Moreover, I have hardly any understanding of Acism at all, apart from the minimal information I have seen on this forum, yet I was able to answer all of your questions. Answers that you ended up ignoring Midge, and then they were answered by other posters, who know more than I, which you apparently ignored too.

In his defense Iron, Alex called him obtuse first. I didn't think anyone really used that word, outside of Shawshank Redemption.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Midge, I promised in the ATF thread you are pretending not to read that I would give you a chance to be less annoying. I'm going to give you a few tips now:

1. Fewer exclamation points.

2. Fewer smilies.

4. Respect the beliefs of other people.

5. If you choose to participate in AC threads in the future, read the AC FAQ in the sticky and do not post criticisms of AC without demonstrating that you comprehend it.

These tips are not suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not like the way he said it, but if the AC proselytizers believe in it as anything but mental masturbation, then transition is certainly a critial issue.

To claim it doesn't matter is obtuse and it can only be assumed that anyone who responds that it doesn't matter has no answers.

Edit: Yes, Taso, Tim Robbins isn't the only person who uses "obtuse" though most of us are over 50 Im sure. English is a much richer language than its use here.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair I called him that first.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think the transition phase is not important, or relevant,

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed either of these things. These things are definitely quite important. What I'm saying is that they're not valid attacks on AC itself, which is what you're using them as.

It's like if I said "hey, if we cured all diseases that would be a good thing" and you said "no it wouldn't because we don't know how." WTF??? Figuring out how to cure all diseases is certainly an important step, but the fact that we don't necessarily know how doesn't mean that curing all diseases is a bad thing.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To claim it doesn't matter is obtuse and it can only be assumed that anyone who responds that it doesn't matter has no answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, no one has done either of those things.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 AM

Australia is in a position to show that it supports the great majority of USA citizens politically.

Our federal elections are Saturday week and I think, and obviously hope, that we will oust the government of the day, which has been a great supporter, if not a lackey, embarrasingly, of the current administration in the USA.

I sincerely hope that what will happen (yes it is a prediction, and I am going out on a limb) will be a sign of support from the majority of Australians to the majority of USA citizens.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Australia is in a position to show that it supports the great majority of USA citizens politically.

Our federal elections are Saturday week and I think, and obviously hope, that we will oust the government of the day, which has been a great supporter, if not a lackey, embarrasingly, of the current administration in the USA.

I sincerely hope that what will happen (yes it is a prediction, and I am going out on a limb) will be a sign of support from the majority of Australians to the majority of USA citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] excessive exclamation points
[ ] excessive smileys
[x] mistakenly thinking Americans care who Austrialians vote for

Not bad.