Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods World Poker Finals thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nenad was the only person that played well at this final table. I was very disappointed that Mimi essentially rolled over to nenad, she played very straightforward and scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, it was really funny when they asked Barry what he thought Mimi's chances were and he basically said she would have to wait for cards and get lucky, eg. she sucked. Not a very good endorsement by your mentor. Barry has clearly moved on to younger poon.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the thing you are all forgetting about the Kathy Leibert hand is that EG STARTED CLAPPING WHEN SHE CALLED.

How do sirens not go off in your head when your opponent starts clapping at your play? How does that not scream to her, "GET OUT OF THE HAND"

Has that ever happened to you? You are thinking about a tough flop decision and you decide to call and your opponent starts clapping for you. Wouldn't you either be (1) very angry about your opponent mocking you or (2) be worried that your opponent has a big hand? Was she so laser-focused on hitting that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that she didn't see that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe EG was like one of those mental patients that Harrington described in his section about tells. He may have been giving out so many tells at the same time that it was hard to tell what they meant. Or, she could've just out-thought herself and gave credit to one level too many to the donk.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nenad was the only person that played well at this final table. I was very disappointed that Mimi essentially rolled over to nenad, she played very straightforward and scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, it was really funny when they asked Barry what he thought Mimi's chances were and he basically said she would have to wait for cards and get lucky, eg. she sucked. Not a very good endorsement by your mentor. Barry has clearly moved on to younger poon.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think Barry is the type to give false praise in general.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, it was really funny when they asked Barry what he thought Mimi's chances were and he basically said she would have to wait for cards and get lucky, eg. she sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that generally what you need to overcome a bad player with a lot of chips that seems deathly afraid of getting bluffed on television?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the thing you are all forgetting about the Kathy Leibert hand is that EG STARTED CLAPPING WHEN SHE CALLED.

How do sirens not go off in your head when your opponent starts clapping at your play? How does that not scream to her, "GET OUT OF THE HAND"

Has that ever happened to you? You are thinking about a tough flop decision and you decide to call and your opponent starts clapping for you. Wouldn't you either be (1) very angry about your opponent mocking you or (2) be worried that your opponent has a big hand? Was she so laser-focused on hitting that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that she didn't see that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe EG was like one of those mental patients that Harrington described in his section about tells. He may have been giving out so many tells at the same time that it was hard to tell what they meant. Or, she could've just out-thought herself and gave credit to one level too many to the donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to the fun MSPaint of this hand in BBV
Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he merely said that Nenad probably was a better NL player.

Also, when someone has a huge chip lead, the smaller stacks generally need to get lucky even if they are the better players.

I can't remember exactly what he said, but it sounded like a realistic assessment, that he thought she was the second-best player at the table, but that she was in a bad situation chip-wise.