Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On I5 in Seattle, the volume of traffic is such that the fast lane really is just the fast lane. It's not a viable passing lane at all. It's more for "those people who are getting off last" than "those people who are going faster" because nobody really is going any faster than anybody else.

I so envy you people and your traffic uptopias of variable speeded freeway lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

$50 says it's still officially a passing lane. Obviously things change in congested traffic. At 3am though, it's just a passing lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think what he's saying is fast traffic is ALSO allowed to drive in the right lane...until they come upon said slower traffic, in which case they should temporarily move to a PASSING lane.

[/ QUOTE ]
What a concept!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He leaped out of his car and tore off his shirt, challenging me to a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41CuafQfanQ

[/ QUOTE ]

This is, by far, the funniest [censored] road rage video I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's 6:30 long, but damn it IT IS [censored] AWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_gL7Az53o
Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM

one of my fondest memories is putting some punk into the wall on 280 one day...

search for it, i'm swamped with work.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM

LFS,

So, what you're saying is that one [censored] don' took his shirt off talkin' 'bout "Now who else wanna [censored] with Hollywood Court?"
Old 10-11-2007, 03:09 PM

Also in Worcester KT, I am in the rotary, and I see this young girl coming into the rotary and doesn't yield so I got to jack up to avoid the accident. I hit the horn and she flips me the bird, almost just like your story.

We both exit the rotary on the same street, coincidental as this is where I was going and end up side by side at the next traffic light. She rolls down the window and screams "I got the right of way, [censored]" to which I respond "no you didn't you stupid bitch".

Wifey was not pleased with me.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"First off, let's make this very clear, there is no 'fast lane' there is a PASSING lane, and if you aren't passing somebody, you don't belong there."

DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE.

I hate when people pretend this is gospel.

[/ QUOTE ]
fer serious. I actually agree with dids here. In so cal all freeway lanes are being used pretty much all the time. As long as you drive the speed that your lane is going you are doing fine. There's just not enough room to fit everyone in the right-hand lanes and have a relatively empty left lane. If you are in the left lane and the next car in front of you is far away, you suck, otherwise you are pretty much fine.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to make this short, but it could be its own thread, lol. College, on the way to pick up GF from airport, guy gets me stopped on railroad tracks while a train is coming, his fault (trust me). Follow him to his rental return line, he locks the door while I try to break in the window, cops come, I jump in the car and drive away slowly, pick up GF telling her to get in quick, 3 cop cars fly past me lights/sirens on as I exit the airport. Guy's face was priceless, his wife was crying. Funny stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good rule of thumb: Never, ever piss off Jihad.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM

My favorite story:

About a year and a half ago I was driving up to NYC with my girlfriend at the time (actually she was driving), and this guy pretty flagrantly cuts us off getting on to the NJ turnpike from an on-ramp. GF kind of casually flips him off while he's in front of us, we didn't think he even saw it, but a minute or two later when we're passing him, we notice his wife/GF in the passenger seat is like completely flipping out, screaming at us and giving the finger, etc. Dude is just kind of angrily glaring, but not making obscene gestures or anything. I give them kind of a "wtf?" look and we continue on. They IMMEDIATELY speed up and pass us again, chick still screaming and waving her fingers wildly. My GF and I are both just cracking up at this point due to the ridiculousness of the situation, and it seems like this is making the chick in the other car even angrier. All of a sudden I stop laughing, put as psychopathic a look on my face as I can, and make a really slow, exaggerated throat-slash gesture. She gives one last finger and immediately turns and looks the other way. They were driving near us for the next 50 miles or so but not once did either of them look in our direction again.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please explain to me wtf this rotary thing you people have on the East Coast. It sounds like a fantastic way to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's what I've always called a "roundabout" or "traffic circle" or, when I want to be rude about it a "traffic circle jerk" (inspired by the "before and after" category on "Wheel of Fortune"). Several streets feed into a big circle. You are supposed to yield to traffic in the circle, enter it, and exit to the street you want, assuming your sense of direction hasn't been completely scrambled by driving around in circles. Why anybody ever thought this is a good idea is beyond me. They seem to be catching on in mountain towns in Colorado, unfortunately.