Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Stadium Secrets

Here's one of my stadium experiences that maybe you and your friends can employ.

When I was in college, my friends and I liked to sneak into events just for the sake of it and for a few laugh and giggles. One day, we decided we want to watch Barry Bonds hit home runs so we went to the Giants stadium [3Com?].

We thought of various ways to get inside the stadium but the easiest way was probably pretending to be a worker there. So 5 of us showed up at the back of the stadium and said we were workers. The two buffy guys at the desk talked to someone and after a few blah blah blah, they told us no. It didn't help that we were 2 hours late for workers check-in.

So we went around the stadium looking for ways to get in. After a while, we kind of gave up. But we were pissed because we have never fail before. Maybe there really is a first for everything.

We walked toward our car and passed by a bar. A gentleman sitting outside was waving a baseball ticket and said "who wants it? who wants it?" I approached him and took the ticket. Now we might have a plan.

I gave the ticket to my friend and he went inside first. Then we approach a worker at one of the many gates that the park had. We told him that we were late for community work from our group [the church] and that the people at the main gate in the back didn't let us in because we were late. Naturally, we blamed the bad traffic in SF instead of our standard Asian time.

He was buying it a little bit and it did help that he believed in God. So we said "father" would not be pleased if we tell him that we didn't do community service this past week. Then I told him one of our friends showed up early and was working already inside already. To show that we were telling the truth, we called up our friend and told him to find his way to the gate where we were standing.

Our friend showed up and needless to say, we went in like we belong there. Yes, images of Ocean's 11 appeared in my head.

PS. Every time my friends and I sneaked into a game, the home team lost. I guess you can blame us for that atrocious 49ers season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]