Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: PA = Satan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why are people ripping on the OP? wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I don't know, maybe its that bit of calling hPA a devil because his avatar is a black man. Maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

no i think its cause of the "equal rights" activists that will say anything that may remotely insult a black person as racist. like don imus. unless im missing something, calling some women "dirty headed hoes" (i think that what he said?) is NOT racist. but its racist cause a white man said it about black women. if both had been white, then a little attention about it but nothing big. if both black, it would be considered normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You are so clueless. You walk into a black community and utter the phrase "nappy headed ho's" to a group of black women and you see how long it takes for you to end up in the hospital. And as you lay there in the hospital bed hooked up to an IV while a nurse wipes your ass and feeds you OJ through a straw you keep convincing yourself that its not a racial slur. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's about new jersey and rutgers as much as it's about race. I competed against Rutgers Newark in college and referred to them as dangerous looking hoodlums (some Black on team some not). they wouldn't be offended. Imus mistakenly pushed the hot button, but he wasn't that far off from making a fair ribbing.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if whites "have to think twice before saying such things", blacks shouldnt be allowed to have free reign over being racist toward others. people like al sharpton are praised by the media while they are openly racist. more examples are the black only groups are allowed, while white only groups = racism. same as women onlt groups are prominent, but men only would be sexist. you know? its almost impossible for a white male to do anything without being called racist

[/ QUOTE ]

the lip service game is easy to play. everyone's happy to go along and ignore the real question of why Black people are still grossly underrep'd at schools and high end jobs even with affirmative action. don't need to worry about that as long as you have your slogans straight. smile and nod. smile and nod.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if whites "have to think twice before saying such things", blacks shouldnt be allowed to have free reign over being racist toward others. people like al sharpton are praised by the media while they are openly racist. more examples are the black only groups are allowed, while white only groups = racism. same as women onlt groups are prominent, but men only would be sexist. you know? its almost impossible for a white male to do anything without being called racist

[/ QUOTE ]

Blacks are a minority you dolt. If we were the minority and they were majority and they had black only groups I think it would be a bit different. Christ, you are probably one of those uptight white guys that blames black people for getting into better colleges than you, right? Affirmative action a problem right? it's about being in a position of power which for the most part, blacks are not. Race + power = racism.

Anyway, we are talking specifically about the Imus situation, and yes what he said would be interpreted by any reasonably intelligent person as racism.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's a general rule for minorities. Lots of minorities would shrug it off if they were derided and even had to face _heightened_ standards so long as they were given any chance. the lip service game is pretty specific to US racial relatoins.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 PM

LBK, if you dont like the thread dont post in it, and stop trying to be a hero on a internet message board where no one cares about your opinion. if the mods think its racist they will sort out so stfu.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the lip service game is easy to play. everyone's happy to go along and ignore the real question of why Black people are still grossly underrep'd at schools and high end jobs even with affirmative action. don't need to worry about that as long as you have your slogans straight. smile and nod. smile and nod.

[/ QUOTE ]

theyre "grossly underrepped" because the people choose the best people for the job and the best creditials(SP) for the college, which is how it should be. blacks shouldnt get a free ride because of their race, and whites shouldnt not get in because they are not a minority, but that is what happens. equal rights indeed, it puts the whites as the most screwed over currently.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:15 AM

LBK you really know how to gay up a thread
Old 04-13-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 AM

Feed this thread to lice
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not gay but my boyfriend is and he would be very upset if he saw your post.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM

For the record, I was the one who said I wasn't racist...I don't think Poisoned ever claimed to not be racist (although he might argue that it's just a natural response to the current social climate, which I tend to disagree with). My point was that this is a PA = Satan thread. This is a valid point. If people would like to discuss racism, there are plenty of other places to do so. Then, my second point was that LBK lacks the ability to use reason, and stoops to childish insults, rather than discussing the real issue (that PA = Satan). PA = Satan > Devilfish > Jesus Ferguson > LBK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]