Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

i cant argue that ku has much better athletic history then missouri, they just do, the basketball isnt even close obv although missouri has knocked off some big ku teams ...but when you make big generalizations about a school based on the actions of three fans its just ridiculous...every school has people like that and we all know it......just stupid thread i could post a thread where some ku fans do stupid [censored] but i wont because it obviously goes both ways

when you make this thread and say "their fans are going to wear these shirts" it seems like you are saying the whole student section is wearing them and the school is cool with it

completely bogus

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...amp;id=2623115

i dont think kansas has any claim to moral superiority

Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now I want both of them to lose this week just so next week's matchup is a big downer.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, Robert you're pretty invested in this all of a sudden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha.
Not that invested of course.
I think KU's football is an awesome feel-good story and wouldn't mind if they somehow wrestled the national championship away from a more traditional championship program like LSU or whoever.

I really don't even care abotu Mizzou and have barely ever been there. But this guy's posts, which are supposedly intended to get me to hate Mizzou, is actually making it more difficult for me to like KU.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM

microbob,

I don't thinks it is inferiority complex. KU/MU and KU/KSU are the biggest rivals we have. I'm sure whatever school you root for has the same brags/beats.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM

I understand that and also understand that it's pretty hyped up because the game is going to be much bigger than it normally is. But it seems pretty weird to be putting down Mizzou that hard and it really seems like a reach to brag about the various other conference titles they have won.

My alma-mater won a ton of conference titles in various sports when I was there and frequently won the men's and women's trophies for the best overall finishes of all the sports combined or whatever.
I'm sure it was something that the athletic department took some pride in. But that's hardly the same as bragging about how great you must be overall and is really a stretch from putting down any other school that doesn't have very many titles in the sports that most people don't care about anyway.
This was an issue that I just don't think we would bring up when referring to a big rivalry because it looks kind of pathetic to do so.

It pretty much comes off as him setting up the possibility of losing just in case he needs to say, "So what if you did beat us. We played well and we were kind of robbed PLUS we kicked your ass at field-hockey and water-polo SO THERE!!"
Old 11-14-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I'm not sure what a couple of you mean about inferiority complex. Wikipedia says they have 2 Big 12 titles in all sports, not sure what the other one is besides softball. Kansas has 17. Also, Missouri has won 2 national team titles versus 9 for Kansas. There are certainly schools that can argue about athletics superiority with Kansas, but Missouri has never been one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remove mens basketball from the equation and you get 4 vs 2 Big 12 titles.
And Kansas has only one national title since 1970.
In the Director's Cup standings (measures overall success of mens and womens programs) over the last several years, Missouri is ranked higher than Kansas, although neither grades out well (50th-70th range).
Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 PM

This thread needs some general Missouri vs. Kansas heads-up action.

Missouri has Brad Pitt. Kansas has Don Johnson. Point - Missouri.

In Missouri it's still illegal to have oral sex. But it's one of the few states where sex with animals is completely legal. Zoophiles actually flock to Missouri. Point - Kansas (unless you're into that sort of thing).

Missouri has St. Louis. Point - Kansas.

Missouri has Branson, Kansas has a giant empty void over 2/3 of it's state. Push.

Kansas has Fred Phelps. 5 Points - Missouri.

When people think of Kansas, they think of Dorothy and Toto. When people think f Missouri they think of... ummm... little help here?

Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Missouri has sports teams in KANSAS CITY. They win.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah but over half their season ticket holders come from the Kansas side (guess). People in Independence and Raytown are too busy scattering drive train components around their yards to go to sporting events. And everyone North of the River (aka Butt-town) is too clueless to even find the stadium.

(I'm having fun in this thread!)
Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or how they named their basketball arena after a 20-something girl who never attended their university or did anything of note (besides cheat through college leading Missouri to rename the arena).

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, some on. You were doing fine up until this part. Obviously the fact that she cheated didn't "[lead] Missouri to rename their arena." Her family paid for the damn thing, they can name it whatever they want.

Most of the biggest dbags from my high school went to Mizzou, but I'm sure the same can be said for KU unless it's actually hard to get into or something (thinking of schools like UGA here).
Old 11-14-2007, 07:20 PM

As someone who spent a decent amount of time on each campus. I can say unequivocally that KU girls are hotter. Or at least they were in the late 80s/early 90s.