Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re:Urlacher fined $100K

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not huge news but the Chiefs traded Dante Hall to the Rams for their 5th round pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is stupid for STL.

[/ QUOTE ]

From PFT:

[ QUOTE ]
Updating the prior story regarding the Dante Hall trade, the Rams and Chiefs also swapped third-round picks as part of the deal.

As a result, the Rams move from No. 82 to No. 84 and the Chiefs move from No. 84 to No. 82.

Some league insiders are confused by the Rams' decision to make the move. As one media source pointed out to us, Rams kick returner Willie Ponder had a higher per-return average in 2006 than Hall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Their was a rumor out yesterday that there were trade talks going on between the Packers and Chiefs for Larry Johnson.

I actually have info from someone within the Packers organization that the Chiefs approached the Packers on this and wanted the Packers 1st and 4th round picks in exchange for LJ, and that the Pack were interested, but the hold up is signing LJ to a new contract.

Word also is that the Moss to the Packers trade is still very likely to happen.

Would be interesting if the Packers started out next season with LJ, Driver, Moss, and Jennings, and a young solid O-Line.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their was a rumor out yesterday that there were trade talks going on between the Packers and Chiefs for Larry Johnson.

I actually have info from someone within the Packers organization that the Chiefs approached the Packers on this and wanted the Packers 1st and 4th round picks in exchange for LJ, and that the Pack were interested, but the hold up is signing LJ to a new contract.

Would be interesting if the Packers started out next season with LJ, Driver, Moss, and Jennings, and a young solid O-Line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think LJ is a good back, but I don't think he's the quick fix that the Packers are looking for. Last year he had a very taxing season with 416 carries. He is 27 and will be 28 this season. To give up a first and a fourth when SA (overrated, I know) couldn't even get a second round pick in the previous seasons seems kinda high seeing that in the previous 2 seasons, especially in the season before last he had 1 hell of an o-line and last year without Willie he wasn't nearly as effective. Next year he will now be without Willie and Shields. I don't think the KC Running game will be that great. I think this is a good deal for KC, fyi.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think LJ is a good back, but I don't think he's the quick fix that the Packers are looking for. Last year he had a very taxing season with 416 carries. He is 27 and will be 28 this season. To give up a first and a fourth when SA (overrated, I know) couldn't even get a second round pick in the previous seasons seems kinda high seeing that in the previous 2 seasons, especially in the season before last he had 1 hell of an o-line and last year without Willie he wasn't nearly as effective. Next year he will now be without Willie and Shields. I don't think the KC Running game will be that great. I think this is a good deal for KC, fyi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was overpaying too fwiw, but I'm just getting stoked at the idea of the packers having a loaded out offense next season.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KC categorically denied either offering or being given offers for LJ today.

Other news, NO signs former Colts DB Jason David, easily the Champs MIP last year. Apparently to Colts plan is to go without corners and run a 5-6 defense. Eh, whatever, still have Peyton.

Cody
Old 04-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Darrell Jackson to the 49ers is apparently a done deal for the 124th overall. ESPN says it is still being finalized, but 49ers.com says its done, but the site kept dieing on me, so here's the ESPN link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2851912
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 PM

NFL network just did a brief piece on who had the best draft 5 years later (2002). Good idea since everyone talks about doing that but nobody ever does.

Of course Solomon Wilcox said that Pittsburgh did the best with "Antowain Randle El the class of their draft". LOL, what - a marginal #2 WR who runs an occasional gimmick play was their best pick and they had the best draft? I think that's dumber than anything I've heard on espn recently.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NFL network just did a brief piece on who had the best draft 5 years later (2002). Good idea since everyone talks about doing that but nobody ever does.

Of course Solomon Wilcox said that Pittsburgh did the best with "Antowain Randle El the class of their draft". LOL, what - a marginal #2 WR who runs an occasional gimmick play was their best pick and they had the best draft? I think that's dumber than anything I've heard on espn recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he was pretty big in the SB, lol. In any case, it'd be really cool to see something like this done by people that know what they're doing. Drafts can only really be graded years later anyway.

Cody
Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he was pretty big in the SB, lol. In any case, it'd be really cool to see something like this done by people that know what they're doing. Drafts can only really be graded years later anyway.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Michael David Smith?

2001 draft, six years later...
Old 05-09-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL, what - a marginal #2 WR who runs an occasional gimmick play was their best pick and they had the best draft? I think that's dumber than anything I've heard on espn recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a really solid draft that produced no superstars. Everyone from that draft has at least made the roster consistently, with several later round players becoming starters. Anyway, I think Hope was a better pick than Randle El.