View Poll Results: J9s
Raise 39 52.00%
Fold 36 48.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, when I go to america for 7-10 days, I was going to take a lot of morphine/heroin and speed.

I had a very bad opiate addiction in the past, but if I don't spend too much money and don't return to Japan with the drugs, is a 7 day binge that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please don't do this. I don't want you to die from teh drugz.

Granted I've never done any drugs except prescription/alchohol/caffeine etc. so I don't really know much about them except what I've read and heard.

But I do know some things about addiction, and relapsing is never good.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 AM

yeah I haven't decided yet. Maybe not.

If she comes with me I really can't anyway.

I've always heard opiates were the most addictive drug in history. Mostly because there's not only a psychological addiction but a physical one. I thought I had it beat by going cold turkey for 10 days and having physical symptons for 2-3 weeks after that.

But the month after that I wanted opiates all the time. 2 months after that, I only wanted it every hour. 2 months after that I only want it once or twice a day. 2 months after that I only want it every day.
Now I only want it every other day or so.

I'd hate for that cycle to start again.

But I really want advice on korean girl and her chat with me, and what I should be doing.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 AM

You now have most definite permission to tap the roommate. In fact, she might be telling you these things because she knows the roommate is into you.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Kil,

Do not start taking drugs again. It seems that you are getting thing son track. Why [censored] it up?

From the looks of that conversation, I wouldn't spend any more time obsessing over Korean girl 1. Continue to be her friend, but don't hold out hope for anything else. While I would say that her roommate is fair game now, with the cultural issues, do you realistically think you will be able to get anywhere near sexytime with Korean #2?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you realistically think you will be able to get anywhere near sexytime with Korean #2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. Korean culture is weird. Again Koreans are notoriously hard to get funky with.

I'm working my last day with the 25 year old Japanese girl tomorrow. I'll go all or nothing for her.

Also another new 17 year old at my new work.

I guess I'll just shotgun it.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 AM

1) Don't start taking drugs again. The high is never worth the withdrawal with opiates. Your addiction is fading, why start the cycle again? And as already stated, your body's physiological resistance to the drugs is probably gone by now, making the risk for an overdose that much greater. I'm far from an expert on the matter, but of my anecdotal experiences (people I've known, friends of friends, etc.) with overdoses, they seem disproportionately skewed towards relapses.

2) Korean girl is giving you express permission to tap the roommate. While it's possible that her "you're like my best friend" act is a kind of insecure passive/aggressive way to see if you really want her, it's much more likely that she means what she says and doesn't want things to get physical. Move on.

3) Meeting up with Korean Girl in the states isn't a bad idea so long as both of you understand, and agree on, exactly what is and isn't going to happen. That means for real. None of the "She says she only wants to be friends but maybe in the moment she'll go for it" BS that leads to you getting thrown out trying to stretch a double into a triple, and the awkwardness that follows.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Dude don't do opiates again. You reside in a more harsh and drug-free environment in Japan. Why start the cycle over?

For another note on addiction I am day 16 without a cigarette. Have been sick for the past five days though. My sinuses have been [censored] up and I've had coughing spells the past week but I feel a lot better today.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 AM

overdosing with opiates is actually very common with relapses. Simply because your body builds up a tolerance to the drug and you start taking a certain amount a day. Say, 5 morphine tablets. Which is the right amount for you.

But the resistance to the drug fades, very quickly. 2 months later they take 5 morphine tablets and die because it's way more than their system can handle.

I suppose I won't do any opiates when I go to America. Though I miss them so. I'm depressed about the korean girl, but, most feelings fade with time. Much, much, much shittier things happened to me in my lifetime, it's not going to change me much.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on the new Madden??? Got it today for 360 and so far my buddy(who is fairly decent) managed to throw 28 picks in 6 games....with me laughing my [censored] off the whole time!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in the video game thread, I think the gam has become too complex and complicated. There comes a point where the game can be saturated with features, they may have reached that point (i.e. all hte pro-play stuff, block contorl, playmaker, weapons). I also dont like teh user interfaces, and dont like that I cant bring a created player into franchise mode.

I hear turnovers are real bad too, but im still on easy in my franchise (1 more game till I switch to the next level), so I havent had that problem yet
Old 08-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Hey looking to trade some Stars for FT.
PM me if possible.
Closed Thread