Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do I do?
Call her and get the T-Shirt back before her psychopath ex finds it and kills my family and friends 17 16.35%
Forget it and order another one 7 6.73%
Order a Tuff_Fish T to replace 29 27.88%
You are full of shit, anyone that orders (or wears) a T-shirt like that doesn't get any play 51 49.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Official May Thread: General [censored] Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the software has a lot of good uses, but using it to dwell on how good or bad you're running can't be good, in general, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed also.

I dont mind the program, it justs [censored] me off when people look at it see that theyre red line is below there blue line or whatever and theyre like "OMG IM RUNNING BAD!!!!@!!!" and then they look at my graph and theyre like "WTF U RUN SO HOT!!@!)!" Its like these ppl are just not giving any credit at all to the skill aspect in poker.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:18 PM

i just downloaded the program, drank some alcohol, have no clue how to work it. ill mash some buttons and make some grapsh i guess
Old 05-17-2007, 07:34 PM

I can't get the program to work I get OutOfMemory error when I hit graph (80k hands, or when i try to load 150k , I get OOM when its loading the hands -- dont wanna do a smaller sample just cause short term who cares how you've been running).
Old 05-17-2007, 07:47 PM

i ran it for 65k hands and im net -45 dollars. LOL. i guess my sklansky bux could pay for a steak dinner or whatever but im running just as im supposed to.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get the program to work I get OutOfMemory error when I hit graph (80k hands, or when i try to load 150k , I get OOM when its loading the hands -- dont wanna do a smaller sample just cause short term who cares how you've been running).

[/ QUOTE ]
I had this problem at first. Closing down PokerTracker and any other programs that eat lots of memory probably helps, and what did the trick for me was only importing my Party hands at once and leaving other limits to a different graph.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 PM

Wow, I never really thought about the amount of money we win when people fold in comparison to the money we win at showdown. Hoooooooge difference.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HEK multi tabling 5k on ftp. i guess he's done with 2/4? or maybe just a tilt session. seems to be up from the stacks anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

If this him wow. If he is letting someone else use his account, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TWP is right. This calculator thing is useless. Stop talking about your results in it. I refuse to take one minute to get mine. If you think it has merit I don't see how you could be good at poker. Well not quite, I should say I don't think you have the right mindset to play poker for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree.

#1 Poker is a difficult game almost solely because interpreting your results is very difficult. If you won every time you made a correct play and lost every time you made an incorrect play it would be very easy to become an excellent player very quickly. Determining when you're "running bad" as opposed to playing bad is imo another useful tool to improve your game. Not saying this tool is perfect for determining that, but it's something.

#2 This game can be very tough mentally, something to simply say "you got unlucky today" after a long losing session can help your mindset for the next session. Conversely something to say "you ran pretty well and still lost" could lead you to take some time off, evaluate your game and stop grinding away money w/ the same old mistakes.

#3 There are a couple other statistics in this program that Poker Tracker doesn't display (or at least aren't easy to find stats inside PT). I think I've found some leaks due to these already.

So basically I'm finding this new tool very useful, I definitely think it "has merit". Not for the purposes of "wow now I can prove to these jerks in MSNL and BBV that I really do run worse than any of them haha!" *cough*reef*cough* - but as another tool to help me improve. I'm pretty sure using every tool available to study, improve, and keep a level head is the exact "right mindset to play poker for a living".

[/ QUOTE ]

1# it seems to me that using this tool will lead you to misinterpret your results. If Reef bleeds off $1000 in non-all in pots then gets in $100 as a big favourite and loses, well there's nothing he can do different according to this tool right?

2# Suck it up. This is what I was talking about in the first place. And you should be evaluating regardless. This tool could lead you to just say 'oh i got unlucky today' and not think about your game. this is bad.

3# Fair enough. What is this info? I wasn't aware the program was anything more than the graphs people show, so I could be way off on everything.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HEK multi tabling 5k on ftp. i guess he's done with 2/4? or maybe just a tilt session. seems to be up from the stacks anyway

[/ QUOTE ]
Table Orbit HU 25/50NL
HEK ~20k KObyTAPOUT ~33k

At one point Koby had 45k but I don't know if it all came from HEK
40k pot, gogogogoogog
Closed Thread