Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were you going to pay the $10 for live stats on Yahoo?
Yes, what fun is it without live stats? 18 66.67%
No, I'll just check in Monday and see if I won or lost 7 25.93%
I'm not sure. 2 7.41%
Just show me the results / I'm not in the league 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: ~~~ OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
honestly tho... if he just hit a fly ball to the outfield instead of the infield earlier it would have been just as effective.... last year the guy was one of the worst in the league at this, not sure about this year, but i can imagine not much has changed

[/ QUOTE ]

you put the nit in nitpick...jesus.

here's a fun stat:

Rodriguez continued his outstanding ninth-inning hitting, improving to 7-for-15 with four homers and 11 RBIs in the ninth inning this season.

But then again most of those were "when the game was out of reach already," right?

[/ QUOTE ]

reading comprhension much?

i didn't say he wasn't clutch... i said his outs aren't productive ever, basically he never adjusts his batting approach due to game situations... he's an amazing hitter, theres no reason he should be at the bottom of the leauge in any hitting category

[/ QUOTE ]

well i have a feeling he may be at the top of a lot of categories because he doesn't care what his stats are when it comes to 'productive outs' (really they keep stats on that nonsense?)

i mean L O L

[/ QUOTE ]
his stats would still be at the top regardless... its not like i'm asking him to hit it to second baseman with man on 2nd and nobody out early in a ball game... but 7th inning or later in a tie game with a man on third 1 out he should change his approach a little to improve his percentage of getting the runner in... obviously he has the talent to do so, he shouldn't be so bad at it
Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
honestly tho... if he just hit a fly ball to the outfield instead of the infield earlier it would have been just as effective.... last year the guy was one of the worst in the league at this, not sure about this year, but i can imagine not much has changed

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a fun stat:

Rodriguez continued his outstanding ninth-inning hitting, improving to 7-for-15 with four homers and 11 RBIs in the ninth inning this season.

But then again most of those were "when the game was out of reach already," right?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't say he wasn't clutch... i said his outs aren't productive ever, basically he never adjusts his batting approach due to game situations... he's an amazing hitter, theres no reason he should be at the bottom of the leauge in any hitting category

[/ QUOTE ]

well i have a feeling he may be at the top of a lot of categories because he doesn't care what his stats are when it comes to 'productive outs' (really they keep stats on that nonsense?)

i mean L O L

[/ QUOTE ]
his stats would still be at the top regardless... its not like i'm asking him to hit it to second baseman with man on 2nd and nobody out early in a ball game... but 7th inning or later in a tie game with a man on third 1 out he should change his approach a little to improve his percentage of getting the runner in... obviously he has the talent to do so, he shouldn't be so bad at it

[/ QUOTE ]

i think alex's best chance of getting runners in is how he approaches every at bat. for the long ball.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a fun stat:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean L O L

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think alex's best chance of getting runners in is how he approaches every at bat. for the long ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously not if he was one of the worst hitters in the leaggue at driving in a runner in from 3rd with less than one out...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:50 PM

let's not be so results oriented, mmkay?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:58 PM

ya lets not look at what his results are at getting that run in when his primary goal is to get that run in... wait a second....
Old 06-05-2007, 12:21 AM

I'm pretty sure his primary goal is to produce runs, and not to be results oriented or anything but he's one of the best in the league at that so stfu.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

obviously not if he was one of the worst hitters in the leaggue at driving in a runner in from 3rd with less than one out...

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he walks and sets up a big inning, it's a failure? And if he grounds out and scores the run, but kills the chances for a big inning, it's a success?

I guess the Yankees can count on winning any game 1-0 with their staff, eh?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:41 AM

ahhh i didn't say it was usually more important... it is RARELY more important.... still he should adjust in those RARE situations and stop sucking so badly at them, he has the talent
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 AM

btw i do agree he is one of the best hitters in baseball... not disputing that
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
btw i do agree he is one of the best hitters in baseball... not disputing that

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... you just keep digging yourself into quite a hole.