Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your Folded SB to Steal number in PT?
<75 1 7.14%
76-77 0 0%
78-79 1 7.14%
80-81 2 14.29%
82-83 4 28.57%
84-85 4 28.57%
86-87 1 7.14%
88-89 0 0%
>90 0 0%
Results 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Gobboboy Aussie Millions FT Sweat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you truly are awful at MTT's.

I can see why you stopped [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably play better than 99% of this forum, but that includes a bunch of low limit ballers. I saw a guy win the 109r and final table it, and I've played with him before, he plays awful. I quit MTTs because they're way too high of variance and don't reflect the best player nearly enough. There are MTT guys that will admit to this. I moved to play cash because even though there is still variance and [censored] players can still win, I can play 3k and 4k hand sessions, and over 50k+ hands, it comes pretty close to realizing skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is why I say you are a hater. You have possibly the worst stats in Stars DB history, yet you claim you are better than 99% of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. What is a stars DB?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you truly are awful at MTT's.

I can see why you stopped [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably play better than 99% of this forum, but that includes a bunch of low limit ballers. I saw a guy win the 109r and final table it, and I've played with him before, he plays awful. I quit MTTs because they're way too high of variance and don't reflect the best player nearly enough. There are MTT guys that will admit to this. I moved to play cash because even though there is still variance and [censored] players can still win, I can play 3k and 4k hand sessions, and over 50k+ hands, it comes pretty close to realizing skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is why I say you are a hater. You have possibly the worst stats in Stars DB history, yet you claim you are better than 99% of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. What is a stars DB?

[/ QUOTE ]

A database that indicates you are stuck almost 20K after 127 tournaments, not that it has anything to do with the philosophical pissing match you two are engaged in.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:17 AM

oh ok, thanks. yea i'm prob definitely down that much on stars tournaments, i have like three final tables at ub tournaments, a 14k score there, and some other decent full tilt finishes. i would estimate i'm something like exactly even on tournaments in my career, but i usually have backers that want to put me in these things anyways.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:30 AM

As much as I hate to break up this e-donkament-penis-measuring-contest-and-budding-dramafest, I have to reiterate:

CONGRATS GOBBO!!!

Edit: "I saw a guy win the 109r and final table it, and I've played with him before, he plays awful." This descibes me so very, very well.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Jimmy - I know this is understatement of the year but you did awesome - was a lot of fun reporting and listening to Dan G rattle off your hands.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL players party was funny as last night, we had nath and schaefer freestyling 'sexyback' by JT rofl and then me and nath hit the dance floor and nath was bustin out to all these songs i didnt know coz he is soo old [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] hehhehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wasn't I there?????? man the party was such a blur - I remember meeting nath and watching this mystery drink spill right in front of him - seriously it just came out of nowhere - and then I sat down and Pauly showed me 186 photos of Gaz with various people and then the bar was closed and everyone had disappeared....awesome night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, was I holding the mystery drink? The entire night is hazy. And I also don't remember which songs I danced along to besides "Dancing Queen", which, by the way, is a great song, no matter what anyone says.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: "I saw a guy win the 109r and final table it, and I've played with him before, he plays awful." This descibes me so very, very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 AM

Some of you guys need to relax a bit, it was a joke I also went on to say that the kid was fearless and that he had the world by the balls. I sat beside Jimmy for quite some time on day 3 and was impressed by his fearlessness and willingness to get it in. It wasn't sour grapes in the least , Jimmy didn't knock me out and I had no problem with him yelling ship it after winning a big all in against me where we were roughly 50-50.

I was merely trying to interject a little brevity into a the interview for entertainment sake.

Its great that some of you guys are happy for Jimmy and are looking to stick up for him, everyone should have friends like that.

Congrats to Jimmy for his 2nd place finish, he has a great future ahead of him.

Haralabos
Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haralabos voulgaris needs to die, seriously just insulting gobbo cause he ran good in a few pots that day, im sure haralabos NEVER had a day where he ran really good and NEVER made a move with a draw and hit, only fish do that, he is just such a dick that cant get over the fact that he donked off his chip lead

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are huge panzies. Y'all want to have it both ways--being able to boast about how awesome you are, how dominating you play, and how special it is when one of us goes deep in a tournament...you want to be able to say 'ship it' and 'look at me', but you act like nitty pussies whenever anyone says anything that is less than adulatory...We play for big stakes and we don't have to all hold hands and get along throughout...I know that Haralabos has an abrasive personality (and youtube sucks here, so I don't know what he said exactly), but the way you guys react is just babyish and lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should listen to it somewhere, at the end of the video he just sits there personally insulting gobbo, haralabos said something about how he would rather be a midstack at the FT, so the guy asks "would you rather be gus or gobbo or mark karam etc." and he says "well, i'd rather be anyone than gobboboy" and says something about he is "one messed up kid" and something about him playing magic the gathering and dungeons and dragons, then asks if they will edit that part out of the video
Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 AM

allow me to summarize every aejones post in MTT forums:

lol donkaments lol im a cash game balla lol variance in donkaments bad players win donkaments im not a donkament player, im better than you all, you only win in tourneys by running hot blah blah smart lag blah blah blah i never won a tourney so im gonna cry and bitch when somebody else does and blame it all on luck wahh wahh
Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys need to relax a bit, it was a joke I also went on to say that the kid was fearless and that he had the world by the balls. I sat beside Jimmy for quite some time on day 3 and was impressed by his fearlessness and willingness to get it in. It wasn't sour grapes in the least , Jimmy didn't knock me out and I had no problem with him yelling ship it after winning a big all in against me where we were roughly 50-50.

I was merely trying to interject a little brevity into a the interview for entertainment sake.

Its great that some of you guys are happy for Jimmy and are looking to stick up for him, everyone should have friends like that.

Congrats to Jimmy for his 2nd place finish, he has a great future ahead of him.

Haralabos

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed a little long for just a joke. I dunno, I don't normally call people messed up kids for fun.