Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:14 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-18-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

while I dont plan going (near future) I do plan on going (far future).

How much will this cost;
[*]1 round trip ticket from SFO to BKK. Baught 8 month in advance for "best season to visit BKK"
[*]30 nights in a house/condo/apt/hotel that has two beds. Not a total dump, but not a baller pad. Something that would look "regular" in USA. Pool. Kitchen. Internet. Location should not be in heart of downtown. I need a few miles of buffer zone.
[*] 4 meals a day. 1 of the meals is delivered sushi to my pad. 1/2 galon of filtered water every day
[*] 30 days of transportation. (10 miles average trip in taxi/day) 10 miles by public transit/day
[*] 10 nights of clubbing. 12 alcahol drinks each clubbing night
[*] 10 nights of other non-free activities (non prostetution)Fight shows, museums, golf, etc..
[*] shopping; 10 DVDs, 2 "designer" suits, 2 T shirts, 1 hat, shot glass, 3 other things
[*] miscellaneous expenses (picking up school girl and spoiling her etc..)
Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 AM

Dude your asking questions that have many different answers. Prices varry greatly and we have already mentioned 'general prices' many times in this thread.

" 30 days of transportation. (10 miles average trip in taxi/day) 10 miles by public transit/day"

Where did you come up with this number?

"1 round trip ticket"

So you want one of us to do a price search online for you? How hard is it to find airfare prices?

All of the things you mentioned are extremely broad and vague questions. You can go clubbing for $20 or $200. Why do you need "a few mile buffer zone" in bangkok?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 AM

" shopping; 10 DVDs, 2 "designer" suits, 2 T shirts, 1 hat, shot glass, 3 other things"

LOL - I love how you are so concerned about the price of a SHOT GLASS. And what is '3 other things' ??
Old 10-18-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" shopping; 10 DVDs, 2 "designer" suits, 2 T shirts, 1 hat, shot glass, 3 other things"

LOL - I love how you are so concerned about the price of a SHOT GLASS. And what is '3 other things' ??

[/ QUOTE ]

BR management nit
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonight on Guinness Book of World Records. A man who owns the current record for least amount of faces, with none. You'll also see the world's smelliest tumor. Plus, you'll meet a dog that can't predict anything. And.. three other things!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:31 PM

I stay 2 years now in Thailand and I have for the whole time some roommates I really hate (no not drunken thai man):

ANTS!

After eating some chocolate or nuts my girlfriend has to clean up immediately or (in case shes working) after a couple of hours or so I have an antshighway in my room. They hide normally behind the sockets or behind chinks or holes in the wall.

What I do is to try rid of them with Baygon or some other spray but they come back.

You know a better measures to get rid of them or do I just have to live with this problem (what some expats told me)?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stay 2 years now in Thailand and I have for the whole time some roommates I really hate (no not drunken thai man):

ANTS!

After eating some chocolate or nuts my girlfriend has to clean up immediately or (in case shes working) after a couple of hours or so I have an antshighway in my room. They hide normally behind the sockets or behind chinks or holes in the wall.

What I do is to try rid of them with Baygon or some other spray but they come back.

You know a better measures to get rid of them or do I just have to live with this problem (what some expats told me)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Baby powder works ok. Or, you can get some stuff at a hardware store that works well.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:54 AM

push this thread up to 1k posts.

"10 miles day travel" = pulled out of my ass. Have no idea, rough estimate.

"buffer zone" = have an image of downtown BKK being a wild area with noise and action 24/7. I'd like to be away from the center where Im not a sardine squeezed into can. I guess a little more remote location, while still being in the hairy part.

"3 other things" = yet to find out. I guess 3 things I cant get in USA. We shall see. BR managment is correct; IM not trying to buy expensive stuff.

I agree many of my questions seem like im high/drunk/ not thiking clearly.
Closed Thread