Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were you going to pay the $10 for live stats on Yahoo?
Yes, what fun is it without live stats? 18 66.67%
No, I'll just check in Monday and see if I won or lost 7 25.93%
I'm not sure. 2 7.41%
Just show me the results / I'm not in the league 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: ~~~ OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~

honestly tho... if he just hit a fly ball to the outfield instead of the infield earlier it would have been just as effective.... last year the guy was one of the worst in the league at this, not sure about this year, but i can imagine not much has changed
Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, a-rod only hits HR's when they don't matter. Or so I've heard, and I can't wait to hear someone use this as an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

well they are 12.5 games back...
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i agree it's really annoying when people try to make educated predictions based on advanced statistics instead of guessing and talking out their ass. i apply this line of thinking to poker as well which is why i'm a millionaire.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesnt make you any smarter if you look at the pythagorean record and assume they are unlucky. pythag's aren't "advanced", there's a lot of noise in it.

KBZ is also on with his point, teams with bad bullpens routinely have better pythag records than they may deserve, and it is probably more pronounced this early in the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

my post didn't really have much to do with pythag. that dude has posted the same tripe over and over again whenever someone has used any sabr-esque stat to try to evaluate a team or talent and i wanted to mock it.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly tho... if he just hit a fly ball to the outfield instead of the infield earlier it would have been just as effective.... last year the guy was one of the worst in the league at this, not sure about this year, but i can imagine not much has changed

[/ QUOTE ]

you put the nit in nitpick...jesus.

here's a fun stat:

Rodriguez continued his outstanding ninth-inning hitting, improving to 7-for-15 with four homers and 11 RBIs in the ninth inning this season.

But then again most of those were "when the game was out of reach already," right?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a fun stat:

Rodriguez continued his outstanding ninth-inning hitting, improving to 7-for-15 with four homers and 11 RBIs in the ninth inning this season.

But then again most of those were "when the game was out of reach already," right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the division...
Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a fun stat:

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the division...

[/ QUOTE ]

NYY, 1978, down by 14.5 to the SOX in mid JULY. Won in a playoff. You guys talk like nothing like this has ever happened before. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the season and be allowed to hope for some magic. That's why I watch sports. Maybe you guys just watch to have your projections proven right.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NYY, 1978, down by 14.5 to the SOX in mid JULY. Won in a playoff. You guys talk like nothing like this has ever happened before. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the season and be allowed to hope for some magic. That's why I watch sports. Maybe you guys just watch to have your projections proven right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that the Yankees fans are saying stuff like this to reverse jinx themselves, whilst the Red Sox fans are saying stuff like becuase it's the first time they've legitimately been superior in like a bazillion years.

I'm not sure there is anybody deep deep down inside who actually thinks the Yankees are "done." Including andyfox.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there is anybody deep deep down inside who actually thinks the Yankees are "done." Including andyfox.

[/ QUOTE ]

but we can hope
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a fun stat:

[/ QUOTE ]

reading comprhension much?

i didn't say he wasn't clutch... i said his outs aren't productive ever, basically he never adjusts his batting approach due to game situations... he's an amazing hitter, theres no reason he should be at the bottom of the leauge in any hitting category
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a fun stat:

[/ QUOTE ]

reading comprhension much?

i didn't say he wasn't clutch... i said his outs aren't productive ever, basically he never adjusts his batting approach due to game situations... he's an amazing hitter, theres no reason he should be at the bottom of the leauge in any hitting category

[/ QUOTE ]

well i have a feeling he may be at the top of a lot of categories because he doesn't care what his stats are when it comes to 'productive outs' (really they keep stats on that nonsense?)

i mean L O L