Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, almost all of you have broken the rules at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an arrogant little punk! What right do you have to make such allegations?

I hope the IRS nails your behind to the wall. If you don't think they're coming, then you are truly delusional. I hope you have one heck of a CPA on retainer.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is he's actually probably right on this front. I've commented on this elsewhere, but isn't using something like PokerTracker or any of the various HUD's illegal according to Party's T&C? I quote the relevant section:

[ QUOTE ]

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs that are designed to enable artificial intelligence ('AI Software') to play on our Platforms such as, but not limited to opponent-profiling, player collusion, cheating software or anything else that we deem enables you to have an unfair advantage over other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I know this subject has likely been discussed to death before I came to these forums, but I think it's worth mentioning in this context. There are also instances of players who seem to have relatively principled stands on poker such as sirio saying that he thinks it's okay to have multiple accounts for anonymizing purposes, as Zee claims his major reason was, despite the fact that this is pretty clearly against the T&C as well. It is clearly a very different brand of cheating/rulebreaking than entering multiple accounts in the same tournament, but as shaniac (as the most eloquent advocate of this) likes to point out, there are tons of actual gray areas.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

bad choice bro...

good luck in the future though, just play it smarter.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is he's actually probably right on this front. I've commented on this elsewhere, but isn't using something like PokerTracker or any of the various HUD's illegal according to Party's T&C? I quote the relevant section:

[ QUOTE ]

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs that are designed to enable artificial intelligence ('AI Software') to play on our Platforms such as, but not limited to opponent-profiling, player collusion, cheating software or anything else that we deem enables you to have an unfair advantage over other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they said it themselfs
Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only read the first 15 pages of this thread.

Wow.

This is huge. And to think, I came on here to see updated Ivey/Beal talk. This trumps that bigtime.

I just perused "ZeeBusted's" site today for the first time in a couple weeks. He spoke about how great the new Party changes were or something. And that he was going to play the "super soft" 500+30's. 1000 of them. He had to have a pantload of reserves in his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's using another account (Bernard61) for this "challenge" An account that Party didn't close, but hopefully this will change when they read my email.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: ZJ\'s p5 \"theme music\"

ZeeJustin,

Since you might have some time off, you should consider going back to school.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cmon guys.
It's nice and all that multi accounters are being punished, but there is nothing worse than being a snitch.

I have alot more respect for someone who uses multiple accounts to maximize EV, than for someone who taddles.

[/ QUOTE ]

this attitude both disgusts and disheartens me ... such a misguided sense of honor and morality.

i hope you at least realize that terms like "rat" and "snitch" were created by the criminals themselves in order to manipulate others to keep quiet about their wrongdoing.

it's your life and you can choose to keep quiet while others do wrong if you wish. but don't you dare claim that do so is the honorable thing to do. by keeping quiet, you are, at best, a coward and, at worst, an accomplice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like how it seems to be going down. I don't have a problem with people emailing party saying it seems like there are lots of multi accounter's and party should work harder to find them. But these threads seem like a "look at me! look who i busted!" way of catching cheaters.
If you truly feel like these cheaters are directly hurting your profit, by all means, rat them out. But if the only reason you're doing this is to start threads showing how cool you are that you ratted someone, I have no respect for you.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:45 PM

Yeah, we've got standup guys like curtains running scared from the witchhunt mentality. I don't think it's in most of our best interests to have the top players/posters on this site all of a sudden terrified to divulge ANY information.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your rep is ruined. Your life as a poker player is ruined. Whatever you accomplish now will be shadowed by what just went down recently.

I suggest you move out of the USA and start over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't come to Denmark. You're considered a cheat here as well.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had 6 tables open and two of my accounts were brought to the same table, I would simply open up 4-6 more SNGs. I felt that this would negate my unethical advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read this probably 15-20 times this evening. I have still not stopped laughing.
Closed Thread