Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Round Five FINAL Scores

[ QUOTE ]
Phoebe Cates, Fast Times

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO
Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my defense I am not exactly into researching "hot" females. I'm pretty confident with my hot male selections however. Are you saying I faltered with Rachel McAdams? My alternates were Reese and Mary Poppins.

(and you are up early. You playing golf this morning or something?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ann-Margret, Ingrid Bergman, Veronica Lake, Nicole Kidman in Dead Calm or Eyes Wide Shut, Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation,, RACQUEL [censored] WELCH....

Jesus, that's just off the top of my head....as much as I'd like to marry either Elisabeth Shue or Rachel McAdams, THEY DON'T BELONG IN THE FINALS OF A HOTTEST FEMALE CHARACTER OF ALL-TIME contest, dammit.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

okay, I'm better now.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 03:06 PM

I will post my rebuttal to this statement when the contest is over.

BTW. Phoebe Cates' character is in high school. As character was supposed to count, this eliminated several potentials for me, including Lindsey Lohan and Alicia Silverstone.

Any other judges familiar with a character played by Veronica Lake? Me either. I know she looked good. I like the hairstyle myself.

How about Ann-Margret?

If looks was main criterion, we might as well have gone with a 'Hot Supermodelz Yo' contest.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:43 PM

Well Dom, the contest was just a round or two too long. People had to bring out the best to get there, so the bag was getting empty too soon.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Dom, the contest was just a round or two too long. People had to bring out the best to get there, so the bag was getting empty too soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull donkey. You saying there's only about 30 hot movie characters ever?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No i am not, i am just saying that most of the top characters has been posted during the previous rounds, and the field is thinning out.
So it is obv harder to keep em coming. I would have liked to save a few of mine for the semi final/final but thought it was more imporant to advance to get there, i think most of the other contestant did the same.
If i did not post them at that time, then someone else would have posted them or they would not get postet at all.
Both would be a shame for me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The result is that it not a surprise the quality of characters are now decreasing.

Personally i saved my personal love one for the final, but posted the objectively hottet character (imo) in the fourth round as she had to be posted.

Also cause we have no idea what you judges are thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 04:16 PM

IMO Number7 is right. You have to bring out the big guns to get to the finals. At that point, you don't have to be faster than the bear any more, just faster than the other player.

And, you're not the only judge Dom. Not every judge is a filmie, so if players want to assume ALL judges will be familiar with a character it does limit the pick pool somewhat.

Anyway, thanks for a fun round. The contest has been a pleasure. Up til now.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No i am not, i am just saying that most of the top characters has been posted during the previous rounds, and the field is thinning out.
So it is obv harder to keep em coming. I would have liked to save a few of mine for the semi final/final but thought it was more imporant to advance to get there, i think most of the other contestant did the same.
If i did not post them at that time, then someone else would have posted them or they would not get postet at all.
Both would be a shame for me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The result is that it not a surprise the quality of characters are now decreasing.

Personally i saved my personal love one for the final, but posted the objectively hottet character (imo) in the fourth round as she had to be posted.

Also cause we have no idea what you judges are thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Katy and Chip need to post THREE different hot characters for the finals...so we can objectively judge their picks...

and also I think it'd be fun to make them keep looking for hot chicks.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 PM

I think the two most critical judges, Dom and tarheel, need to post picks and let the contestants judge them.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM

I actually would have recommended each finalist posting 2 characters, in case i got there, so that you had the chance to choose characters different from eachother, and also to lower the variance a bit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] keeping in mind it could easy go 8,5 8,33 between charaters equally hot.
3 is obviously even better, and demands more from the finalist and i dont think it is a bad idea.
More work for the finalists, but them being only 2 makes it easy still.