Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
im starting to really think fnord may be a wolf. if he were to pass his legacy to me, i would be more comfortable. this would also allow us to get more people eligible (if im understanding the rules properly?) as i wouldnt have to be actually voted into the electorate to be eligible later? we could vote somebody else in and get 2 for 1, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fnord has to die in order to give you his legacy. If he dies, he doesn't have to do anything because you can't blackmail him in this game.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:46 PM

You will have a vote by the end of the day xorbie. As will MDoranD (though technically I cannot guarantee both of those).
Old 01-18-2007, 01:47 PM

trazs lists are odd.
how can fnord be more of a villager than books?
how can he have me not as a villager, or at least leaning that way?
how can he have BOTH xorb and jeremy as wolves?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:48 PM

I am inclined to think soah is village at this point.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think jeremys point was valid, why wouldnt you have xorb in the to die list and jeremy in the watch list? youll notice I had xorb and jeremy similarly classified, but removed jeremy altogether. I think its much more plausible that xorb is a wolf and jeremy is a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

the point jeremy brought up about xorbie was valid, but hardly overwhelming. I remember that as a wolf in POG vs Mods, xorbie was tripping up and contradicting himself a lot, so I want to see if this is just an isolated thing or if it continues. As I get more information, I will reevaluate. Until then, I think jeremy is more likely to be a wolf than xorbie, because aside from nitpicking on xorbie's lists, he didn't really provide much of any other content but had a number of rather wolfy posts.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Soah, are you running for election on the platform of lynching Bluffblank? What are your other issues?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scott, that was not an error. I had a reason for liking a jeremy lynch last night more than a boiler lynch

[/ QUOTE ]
no? maybe i misread then.
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I think exactly one of the bram, zurv, boiler is a wolf. My order of preference for voting someone off right now is the bram, distant second jeremy (but I would really have to go back and re read before I felt comfortable about this), distantly followed by zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]
you say one of bram, zurv, boiler is a wolf, and in the next sentence you give a lynch order of bram, jeremy, zurvan. how did jeremy pop in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think exactly one of three is a wolf does NOT mean I think think that they are the best three votes. For the math challenged, if I think exactly one of three is a wolf, no matter how I assign the probabilities, at least one has P <= 1/3 of being a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow. your explanation is either extremely logical, or extremely illogical. either way it makes me think that your evil even moreso.
if you think one of bram, boiler and zurv is a wolf, how on earth does jeremy become your second fav lynch option? why wouldn’t you have just have said one of bram, jeremy or zurv to begin with?
if anybody else doesn’t understand this logic, please let me know.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scott, that was not an error. I had a reason for liking a jeremy lynch last night more than a boiler lynch

[/ QUOTE ]
no? maybe i misread then.
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I think exactly one of the bram, zurv, boiler is a wolf. My order of preference for voting someone off right now is the bram, distant second jeremy (but I would really have to go back and re read before I felt comfortable about this), distantly followed by zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]
you say one of bram, zurv, boiler is a wolf, and in the next sentence you give a lynch order of bram, jeremy, zurvan. how did jeremy pop in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think exactly one of three is a wolf does NOT mean I think think that they are the best three votes. For the math challenged, if I think exactly one of three is a wolf, no matter how I assign the probabilities, at least one has P <= 1/3 of being a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow. your explanation is either extremely logical, or extremely illogical. either way it makes me think that your evil even moreso.
if you think one of bram, boiler and zurv is a wolf, how on earth does jeremy become your second fav lynch option? why wouldn’t you have just have said one of bram, jeremy or zurv to begin with?
if anybody else doesn’t understand this logic, please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

His explanation makes perfect sense to me.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Makes sense to me too - he was lumping those three together because of their interaction earlier in the day
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soah, are you running for election on the platform of lynching Bluffblank? What are your other issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

If night were to fall right now, I'd be whacking away at either chuckles or bluff. I think they both need to die soon and I'm not too picky about the order. By the time we actually reach night there should be more posts from each of them to help guide me in choosing which one goes first. if for some reason I can't whack either of them, then I might go with jeremy, but I don't feel as good about that one because I know he can sound wolfy as a villager. By nightfall I may have found a better third place candidate.