Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any idea how many ptbbs/100 at NL50 you can make set farming? if you only play 22+ and AQs+?? It just seems so much easier than actually trying to get game.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 doesn't seem unreasonable ... depends on how well you defend postflop, but if you do that well, then you can probably get above 5

If you don't defend well and just play cbet and if that doesn't work, then fit or fold chances are you'll end with 2ptbb.

On the other hand, if you table select well, you can win a very nice chip with out even defending and just playing pure fit or fold.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any idea how many ptbbs/100 at NL50 you can make set farming? if you only play 22+ and AQs+?? It just seems so much easier than actually trying to get game.

[/ QUOTE ]

somewhere between 1-2.5 ptbb is my guess
Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 doesn't seem unreasonable ... depends on how well you defend postflop, but if you do that well, then you can probably get above 5

On the other hand, if you table select well, you can win a very nice chip with out even defending and just playing pure fit or fold.
If you don't defend well and just play cbet and if that doesn't work, then fit or fold chances are you'll end with 2ptbb.

[/ QUOTE ]

the comment at the end "it just seems so much easier then trying to get game" makes me think he is not interested in becoming a good aggressive player post flop---- which means his winrates will suffer greatly---- over big samples I would say only very good players or those players with good game selection make better then 5 ptbb at nl50.

of course this varies depending on what site you are talking about trying to set farm at.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 PM

well. i am trying to get game. i am reading and posting and playing. i've been playing cash for about two months and i am running at 2ptbb at NL50 after I turned a $50 deposit into a roll for NL25 and then NL 50. maybe i have just been in a downswing, but i was just wondering if there were an easier way =)....one that didnt require so much thinking
Old 08-24-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the comment at the end "it just seems so much easier then trying to get game" makes me think he is not interested in becoming a good aggressive player post flop---- which means his winrates will suffer greatly---- over big samples I would say only very good players or those players with good game selection make better then 5 ptbb at nl50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I suspect OP will end with 2ptbb as do you (which indirectly is stated in my post) on pure instinct due to the same reasons you state.

But ... well put take a seasoned SSNL'er or higher like AJ and I'm sure he'd milk that 22+ AQo+ range for more than 2ptbb despite it being such a narrow range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hell let's 'brag' (even tho there is also something pathetic about this). Me hitting nine tables of mindless nitty 20NL a while back after cashout down to 400$ in order to pay for the recent trip to Madeira among other things (hopefully my last forced cashout ever, but I keep saying this every months, so ... meh)

Old 08-24-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I suspect OP will end with 2ptbb as do you (which indirectly is stated in my post) on pure instinct due to the same reasons you state.

But ... well put take a seasoned SSNL'er or higher like AJ and I'm sure he'd milk that 22+ AQo+ range for more than 2ptbb despite it being such a narrow range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully nobody will play uNL long enough for a winrate to be properly reliable as a measure of skill...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well. i am trying to get game. i am reading and posting and playing. i've been playing cash for about two months and i am running at 2ptbb at NL50 after I turned a $50 deposit into a roll for NL25 and then NL 50. maybe i have just been in a downswing, but i was just wondering if there were an easier way =)

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, getting better at poker is like getting better at golf---- running 2ptbb means your playing the game pretty decent, however, you have to identify the parts of your game that are costing you $---- just like in golf you need to work on the parts of your game that consistently cause you to lose strokes.

Moving from 90-80 isn't that hard in golf if you fix a couple of things

In poker moving form 2-4 ptbb isn't that hard if you fix a few things

Moving from 80-74 however is a much much tougher adjustment

And in poker moving from 4-6 ptbb is going to require some fine tuning of your game--- really looking at stats--- getting involved with stove--- understanding player tendencies--- reducing tilt--- isolating fish--- and good table selection

In golf every stroke under 74 becomes very hard to obtain and only the best are able to figure how to shoot the lowest

In poker--- those that are beating the game 8-10 ptbb plus are doing something different--- have a greater understanding of whats going on--- prevent tilt--- have very good game selection--- are pretty sound in theory and just find a way to win $ in ways others don't

keep working on your game--- its an evolution--- poker like anything else takes time to get good at, and is an ever changing dynamic--- some strategies will always work--- finding the one that works for you is the most important thing, but if you put in the time and effort, anyone with decent intelligence can be a winner through atleast 200nl. Good luck!

Also, if you want, pm me and ill look over one of your sessions for you and let u know if I see anything

-dex
Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully nobody will play uNL long enough for a winrate to be properly reliable as a measure of skill...

[/ QUOTE ]

ssdex ??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly I think I fit this profile [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], I'm approaching 500k hands at nl50 now (in the last 6-7 months) in this pt database, but i've probably played an additional 2-300k. However, I have played higher in the past so maybe that counts?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly I think I fit this profile [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], I'm approaching 500k at nl50 now, but I have played higher in the past so maybe that counts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are cruising around at $50-$60 and hour. that's some microstaking i could get used to.
Closed Thread