Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do now on tilt?
Smoke some more pot, talk some more trash on BBV? 9 20.93%
Move up, lose, reload, ad infinitum 24 55.81%
Quite poker forever or err just stop playing for the day 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL**** LOST Season 3 Finale Discussion -spoiler free-

Yeah I agree with MM, WTF WTF weak sauce.

Charlie and Des would probably have plenty of time to get their gear ready anyway.

Also, how is that station not flooded? Given that they can easily swim to it and all? Methinks it has to do with keeping the air pressure up somehow. If that's the case, one little extra hole (the window near the switch) shouldn't make that much of a difference right?

That, and the whole if your enemy is down, kill him thing. Mercy and forgiveness is nice and all, but once you shot at a man and left him for dead, it's too late for that.

Also, this cliffhanger was an insult to people's intelligence. This 'flashback' was just too much unlike others. They just banked on the fact that most people would only figure it out at the very very very [censored] end, and it would be an OMG WTF moment for them - enough to carry them over to the next season. I think that was a mistake - more interesting stuff happened in pretty much every single fn episode leading up to this, except maybe Hurley's van ep.

They overrated their stupid ass flash forward thing, and should have paid attention to details like I outlined above instead.

Someone on the production team deserves to be kicked in the face.

Addendum:

The Heroes final still sucked much, much worse. But the show leading up to it had also started to suck much, much worse, so that wasn't too unexpected.

This final OTOH was some sweet building up to it episodes, and then a huge letdown. Boo.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how is that station not flooded? Given that they can easily swim to it and all? Methinks it has to do with keeping the air pressure up somehow. If that's the case, one little extra hole (the window near the switch) shouldn't make that much of a difference right

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this cliffhanger was an insult to people's intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, how is that station not flooded? Given that they can easily swim to it and all? Methinks it has to do with keeping the air pressure up somehow. If that's the case, one little extra hole (the window near the switch) shouldn't make that much of a difference right

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

For all you physics-ally challenged people- Fill a bathtub with water. Take a cake pan or cup. Turn it upside down. Push it under water. Wow! There is air inside still.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For all you physics-ally challenged people- Fill a bathtub with water. Take a cake pan or cup. Turn it upside down. Push it under water. Wow! There is air inside still.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i was little we used to push a huge bucket down in the pool and lodge it under the steps. You could then go down there and stick your head in it and voila! its full of air.

Maybe my pool was magic though.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 PM

Yeah I am really amazed people didn't do the cup deal in like first grade science, or just playing around in the pool or the tub. I am pretty sure one of my parents showed me the trick when I was like 5 years old and taking baths.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this wouldnt work for very deep water right? more pressure from the water on the air would make it more than humans could stand. or not, idk
Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The people that are asking how come The Looking Glass didn't flood is proof that there's a lot of "smart" dumb people in the world.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this wouldnt work for very deep water right? more pressure from the water on the air would make it more than humans could stand. or not, idk

[/ QUOTE ]

the water is obv not very deep since charlie and desmond can swim down there in one breath. even so, the body can withstand great pressure.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with pressure, unless you are talking about the pressure to crack the walls. Where is the air going to go? How would it get out? If you can answer that, you can figure the rest out.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:36 PM

yeah depth only matters to the structural integrity of the station itself. It has no affect on the air pocket.