Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

pittm,

When respecting a franchise or a team people take into consideration past performance of the franchise. GSW have not been any good in recent history. Why would people jump all over them for winning 3 playoff games? I want them to win, I think they will win. But when it comes down to it, all they have done this year is get an 8 seed and win 3 games in the playoffs. I wanna jump onto this bandwagon with the rest of the country...but they have not won anything yet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gawd please let us receive no respect until the playoffs are over.

the last thing i want is expectations on this team, even mild ones.

WE SUCK! There is no way golden state gets out of the first round alive!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks nelly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

a month ago when he 'wrote off the team', it was so damn funny basically watch him try to keep from laughing his ass off during the interviews.

he's a master

[ QUOTE ]
All you GSW fanboys realize that even if they beat DAL, you wont go past the second round right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I qualify as a Warriors fanboy, but I do have a man crush on B.Davis. Houston is my pick to win their series, and I think they have problems against fast pace teams. Also, Rafer Alston will make Jason Terry look like Jason Kidd in terms of feeding the post & playing defense. Although I'm not sure how they match up w/ Utah, it won't be too surprising to see a Warriors-Suns or Warriors-Spurs WCF.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

Lol, your reading comprehension sucked earlier in this thread and continues...Dirk worshipping lol, have you even read what I said about my thoughts on him or was it kind of like your post earlier when you thought Ralph Wiggum was posting the %'s he thought Dallas had to win each game?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i will never say we should use sensible numbers to make a point ever again. i got what he was doing, but he was pretty much just making up numbers so that people who still thought dallas was going to win, would realize that it wasnt looking good. however, if we had used accurate numbers we would have been laughing at dallas, which is more suitable imo. i called you a dirk worshiper because you had done so in the past and are still showing golden state no respect, which i think is kind of insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I put up those numbers in response to tuq's comment that the Mavs had a 50% chance of winning this series. Even w/ those optimistic numbers, it was only 43%. I was trying to show that his view wasn't realistic, which he may have already known.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All you GSW fanboys realize that even if they beat DAL, you wont go past the second round right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is? Let's see how far Houston can get when they can't even score 70 points in Utah. I thought Houston was much better, then I watched their last 2 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no point really, I just find it funny that all these fans come out of the woodwork and talk trash after their team starts winning a little bit. Thats why I can respect Cubs fans, bc even when their team sucks, they still stick with them. If Dirk would play like an mvp and demand the ball more the mavs wouldnt be in this situation.

And as for Houston, yes they looked absolutely terrible the last 2 games, but its still 2-2 with 3 left to play, and 2 of them in the toyota center. Utah is a good team for sure and will likely be a force in the coming years. I watched both of those games in Utah and the crowd was [censored] loud. I like the rockets chances with 2 at home though, they have to hit shots eventually right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i think they can win that series, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

no dude, once you beat a 1 seed it is IMPOSSIBLE to beat a 4 or a 5 seed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you guys should probably beware the premature celebration...

[/ QUOTE ]

i would still be incredibly happy if we lose 3-4. Also, my celebrating should have 0 effect on the way they play their upcoming games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Karma mang. I never celebrate a victory until it happens (your post to tdarko seemed to do so). I'm superstitious like that...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

Lol, your reading comprehension sucked earlier in this thread and continues...Dirk worshipping lol, have you even read what I said about my thoughts on him or was it kind of like your post earlier when you thought Ralph Wiggum was posting the %'s he thought Dallas had to win each game?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i will never say we should use sensible numbers to make a point ever again. i got what he was doing, but he was pretty much just making up numbers so that people who still thought dallas was going to win, would realize that it wasnt looking good. however, if we had used accurate numbers we would have been laughing at dallas, which is more suitable imo. i called you a dirk worshiper because you had done so in the past and are still showing golden state no respect, which i think is kind of insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck at admitting when you [censored] up.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:38 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
I just find it funny that all these fans come out of the woodwork and talk trash after their team starts winning a little bit. Thats why I can respect Cubs fans, bc even when their team sucks, they still stick with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know. when the warriors werent in the playoffs for the past 14 years we should have been here talking about the warriors playoff chances. you certainly were right about not having a point.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

Good to see you have thoughts of your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you go back to worshiping dirk or whatever? have a good offseason...

[/ QUOTE ]
I found last year's thread for round one but couldn't find the perfect example. Suffice it to say, there were a ton of people who had written off Phoenix after the Lakers were up 3-1, the Nash hate was in full swing, and they were discussing the upcoming Clippers-Lakers series. That was exactly one year ago today. Alls I'm saying is, you guys should probably beware the premature celebration...

[/ QUOTE ]

True but it just seems like back then Phoenix was a couple of bounces bad calls away from being right in that series and Phoenix was just running bad. Based on how Dallas played GS this year it seems more like they have their number.

the series this compares to more in my view is Chi/Mia of last year. The question is will Dirk or Terry or Stack go off and just take over the end of a game each night. Cuz it seems like with the way Baron Davis and Co. are playing the games will come down to the last 5 minutes every game.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck at admitting when you [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know dude. next time just pm me and tell me what you think is going on inside my head and this will all go on much more smoothly.