Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who has the long term edge? Ivey v. aba (NLHU)
Ivey 34 30.09%
aba 42 37.17%
BBV 37 32.74%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Poker Mods Table Chips Avatars Etc.

HOLY [censored] [censored]!!!!!!!!!!! These are the best cards ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the Hold'em only version.

BTW, I usually resize your cards3.png Hold'em cards bigger for multitabling as follows (found this earlier in thread)

cards0.png - 70%
cards1.png - 80%
cards2.png - 96%
cards3.png - 116%
cards4.png - 140%
cards5.png - 160%
cards6.png - 186%
Old 05-12-2007, 02:08 PM

goofing around with a new deck idea, thoughts welcome this is the first draft

Old 05-12-2007, 02:34 PM

Are you using Photoshop? You definitely need to put a black stroke (border)around the characters. I used a 3 pixel stroke (working on cards3 file) on my big characters, and a 1 or 2 pixel stroke on the upper-left characters (I forget [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

The shadow effect is pretty neat. Great work so far. Keep It Up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also, you might want to try something I did on my card backs. I added 1 extra pixel width of black, around the whole card back, to give it a more defined edge. You can obviously use any color you want (or perhaps even 2 or 3 pixels). I think it helped clear up some transparency issues I was having on the corners of the cards, as well.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Could you please explain exactly how you resize the files (which software/commands), and what the final exact dimensions end up being? Could you host a copy of the resized files?

I am curious if there are any transparency, or alignment issues? Are there overlap problems playin hilo (or not using the full card option?

I would love to test a set of yours that have been resized. If it works well, it would be very easy for me to make a standard and over-sized version of my decks.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Alright, I think I finally got a usuable UNO deck. I created it from scratch, except I used the same UNO back from the original MOD (moved up the UNO label so it is visible above avatars), and I used the numbers that fozzy has been using for his MODs. I zipped all of the necessary card files here, note that all files are oversized except for cards3 (if this file is oversized, viewing the community cards in Last Hand will be messed up).

Here is what cards3 looks like:

I also included the psd file that I was working with in the zip if anyone finds errors or can make it better. Also note that the letters/numbers are not like a true UNO deck (I posted pics of a true UNO deck recently in this thread), as replicating those was simply too difficult.

Feel free to give it a shot if anyone thinks they can make this deck look better, and enjoy!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:48 PM

I havent downloaded or tested your UNO cards yet. I am making a deck too (trying) from scratch. But it is going on the back burner. I got some wicked new ideas for a hold em only deck, and can't wait to get it finished.

In the meantime.

Version 6.2

I havent tested these yet - in the gold freeroll currently. So let me know if u see any issues.

- Holdem Only
- Suit marks and characters both moved to near-center
- 5 color deck - grey clubs/green spades or yellow clubs/green spades
- Standard solid backs

Old 05-12-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you using Photoshop? You definitely need to put a black stroke (border)around the characters. I used a 3 pixel stroke (working on cards3 file) on my big characters, and a 1 or 2 pixel stroke on the upper-left characters (I forget [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

The shadow effect is pretty neat. Great work so far. Keep It Up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also, you might want to try something I did on my card backs. I added 1 extra pixel width of black, around the whole card back, to give it a more defined edge. You can obviously use any color you want (or perhaps even 2 or 3 pixels). I think it helped clear up some transparency issues I was having on the corners of the cards, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the pointers. I used Corel Painter but I suck and just thought it would be fun - I have no clue how to really use the software.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:18 PM

No problem. I am learning PS as I go. I had used it for minor photo retouches in the past. But never for anything as in depth as this. This is sorta childs play, compared to 3-D modeling tho [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 05-13-2007, 01:15 AM

I just made this from scratch but I am too lazy to fix the transparencies after resizing, maybe someone else will be able to:

Old 05-13-2007, 01:38 AM

I dont understand why you are making the suits random colors fozzy?
I think its standard that clubs are green, diamonds are blue, hearts are red, and spades are either yellow or black/grey.

I dont like this whole mixing the norm with randomness.