Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 8

[ QUOTE ]
You're talking about it as if Miles put that kind of thought into it. The ball could have easily been snapped with 5 seconds left for all he knew. It was a dreadful call. I really don't think you can defend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember there being an 8 second differential between the game clock and the play clock and that the play got off with 10 seconds on the game clock. If someone has the game on DVR then could you go back and check? If it was a 4 second differential then you are of course correct that it was a retarded call.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 AM

I used to think Les Miles was the only college coach to understand game theory...now I just think he is an idiot.

It's pretty incredible that, given the amount of $ involved, NO COACHES UNDERSTAND WTF TO DO AT THE END OF GAMES.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is so frustrating to me to watch ESPN coverage, where they discuss none of the things that actually determined the game and the results oriented analysis is out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

People keep saying this as if it were not exactly the same on EVERY OTHER NETWORK.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 AM

I love Steve Spurrier. Did you see his post game?

"Vandy's a good team. They've lost to 3 top 25 teams. If they'd played 6 other teams like OSU, they'd be 6-0."

I really like this guy.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 AM

Overall I'm pretty happy with our play. Not many teams (maybe none) could go into the swamp and win and then play LSU to the final gun in Tiger stadium, particularly coming off a loss and with Flynn playing so well and Doucet back. I still think Auburn wins 9 games or so this year which is pretty remarkable given our schedule and the start we had.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Steve Spurrier. Did you see his post game?

"Vandy's a good team. They've lost to 3 top 25 teams. If they'd played 6 other teams like OSU, they'd be 6-0."

I really like this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They asked him what they could do to improve and he goes "well, we can't trade anybody."
Old 10-21-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Overall I'm pretty happy with our play. Not many teams (maybe none) could go into the swamp and win and then play LSU to the final gun in Tiger stadium, particularly coming off a loss and with Flynn playing so well and Doucet back. I still think Auburn wins 9 games or so this year which is pretty remarkable given our schedule and the start we had.

[/ QUOTE ]

AU is a very good team IMO. Cox played out of his mind tonight also. I know I hate on you guys, but you are a much different team from the beginning of the year. If LSU doesn't get that TD, people are calling for Miles' head and talking about Auburn in the top 10. LSU has been exposed IMO, they are good, but not great. Media hype>actual LSU team IMO.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 AM

Hmm, so what's my top ten gonna look like this week?

1. Ohio State, it's by default but also pretty much mandatory right now, I think.
2. LSU, I had then second last week, and I don't see how anyone leapfrogged them.
3. Oklahoma? Even after they struggled with Iowa State? Kansas? They didn't exactly demolish Colorado but a road win is a road win... Oregon? The offense is awesome, but the defense is very not. Boston College who I don't even remotely believe in? ASU? No... not ASU, though. Man, this is a tough choice.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:29 AM

I am here to tell you that ND vanquished the mighty BCS-conference foe today. The running dog media, at the bidding of the Great Satan Willingham, will try to tell you that Notre Dame lost, but these are LIES. Rest assured, ND was victorious!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 AM

The Les Miles call isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. They were supposed to get the play off with :10 or :15 left and they just got it off a little slow. Even with 8.5 seconds (the actual amount of time when they snapped it), they have no worries unless Flynn goes crazy and tries to scramble or something.

It's actually a good call if you think about it to throw a fade to the end zone as it's the only play where you can't possibly end up breaking a couple tackles and running the clock out in bounds.