View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Ok that seems like good offer, one more thing should I make a reservation in advance since Im going in peak season (december) or are there planty of offers similair to this one (doesnt matter if its an appartment or a hotel room).
Old 10-11-2006, 01:22 AM

I thought of another question. You guys have talked a lot about going to pool halls and such. Is there a big pool scene there? Are there tournaments and gambling and such? If so, what sort of stakes are involved? Please tell me everything you know or have observed.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-11-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Food costs vary. If your eating thai food then its like $2 a day. If your buying and making your own food you might spend a few hundred a month on food.

[/ QUOTE ]

A. so eating @ resteraunts and foodcarts is cheaper than homecooking?

B. If im eating 4 meals of thai food a day; 2 vendors 2 resteraunts would 6$/day be sufficiant?

C. How healthy is the food in comparrison to USA? Is it deepfryed like chinese? Are things prepared oily and buttery?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 AM

Luckily, my wife is HORRIBLE at pool.

To the guy that axed the question about pool .. I went to a smaller city named Lampang, and I saw that the played snooker and a sign on the front of the building said "No Gambling."
Old 10-11-2006, 04:17 AM

Gambling is illegal in Thailand.

John: Getting take out from small Thai shops/food carts is the cheapest way to eat. I just spend $2.50 for my girlfriend and I to eat lunch. We went to a small thai restaurant and shared 2 dishes with rice and also 2 sides.

For dinner im going to a 'korean bbq' and its $1.75 each for all you can eat. They have raw meat and seafood and you cook it all at the table yourself.

You can eat healthy if you want too but their are a lot of fried items.

When I lived in bangkok I spend about $100 a week at the grocery store and made my own western meals at home. I also used to have good sushi meals delivered for $5 each.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:53 AM

When you go to eat at a family run place in Chiang mai, the average dish costs about 20-25 baht. A pepsi is another ten baht. This makes the average meal about $1. But, you'll get tired of these and want to go somewhere nice occasionally. A meal at a nicer restaurant will usually cost somewhere from 5-6 dollars.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And we have a winner!

4 chicks

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. THERE NOT THAT HOT, BUT THEY ARE ON A MOTTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw for anyone into darker skin just hop over Cambodia

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats NOT what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is when the girl on the back is riding side saddle and its the hottest thing in the world

PS

Surat Thani sucks. My travel agency f'd me over and I got stuck here tonight and I walked around for like an hour and didn't see a single thing that looked even remotely fun

Anyways, en route to this beach at Phuket (Hat Kata or something) where this guy told me there are surfable waves. If it sucks I'm just gonna say screw it and go to Bali or Indonesia or whatever (anyone been here/surfed here?)

The internet says waves should be 5 feet or so on Friday but it might be windy and dangerous. Hopefully its not to bad
Also best windsurfing at Phuket?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:54 AM

yeah there isnt much to do in surat. How did you get stranded there? There are mini buses to phuket like every 30 mins most of the day.

Sometimes the travel agencies play games and [censored]. I dont put up with it I just walk on down the road to the next one.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:06 AM

My first Thailand scam, thats how. I went to three travel places. Basically I got in town at like 5 to catch my bus at 6. So I get in this minibus which takes me to another travel agent, where I switch buses AND GO BACK TO THE FIRST AGENT (alarm bells already going off in my head btw). Anyways, I get in this other bus and go to another place where a minibus is there to go to Bangkok and none for Phuket so I'm like wtf and they take me back to the second travel agency and I'm like seriously, what the [censored] is going on? Then they say opps the real bus is coming it'll be here soon and then "so sorry, bus in wreck" (lol sure dude) and I'm like [censored] you give me my money back and leave and go to another place but it was too late then I went to a third place and it was "too late" so I said [censored] the world and got a room and will get on the bus first thing tomorrow.

And now I'm stuck in the most boring place in all of Thailand. I tried to find any bar no matter how lame and couldn't.

edit

in short don't ever deal with HOLIDAY TRAVEL
Closed Thread