Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Atheists: Have you read all of the Old Testament?
Yes, I have read it all. 12 21.05%
No, I have not read it all. 27 47.37%
I am not an atheist. 18 31.58%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: POG All-Star Game #2 Game Thread!

[ QUOTE ]
Tokyo, if Shortline is a villager (and I think he is), and he's a likely first night seer peek (and I think he is), how is voting or pushing for him villagey?

IMO, it's something wolves would do to "appeal" to the villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]
To clarify, I meant early in the game. Pushing for Shorty later is MUCH more acceptable.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:19 PM

3 more votes for Will and we can end this farkin day.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:20 PM

Shortline's "PLANS FOR ACTION"

in any configuration, nick and fnord are still quite wolfy.

WillMagic the villager:

sighing/jonsan/durron look worse. amplify is questionable.

WillMagic the wolf:

chuckles/kyro/tokyo (?) look worse. sighing/amp look much better.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:22 PM

Mods, how long would night be, assuming (for example) that there was a lynch by 4 or 5pm?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM

Durron, I think you'd have enough respect for my intellect to think that if I was a wolf I would do THE EXACT SAME [censored] I've done in two previous games ON DAY ONE.

christ people. Also with BobO - I was uncomfortable with him ALL yesterday. His urging on with sighing is one of the main reasons I laid off.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods, how long would night be, assuming (for example) that there was a lynch by 4 or 5pm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either:

a) When we receive all night actions
b) Tomorrow morning, early
Old 08-17-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KM IS an excellent villager. She is also a frighteningly sneaky and manipulative wolf. Let's all keep this in mind.

I'd have to say I like shortline, fnord, and possibly jonsan as wolves at the moment. Fnord posted too much and said too little. Jonsan is off, but he may just be feeling lighthearted and villagery...or perhaps parenting an infant is taking its toll.

As for shortline, I just think he's a wolf. I don't have a good reason for it really, but his posts sound more like planting seeds of suspicion then actually trying to find wolves.

I don't buy the sighing wagon. I understand why people are on it...his posts are suspect, but to me he sounds like he did in Simpsons.

Historically, though, I completely stink Day 1 (and 2...I fell for the AlphaWice fake pumpkining for crying out loud), so you should take all this for what it's worth, precisely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR's first content-filled post. What is wolfy here? I said in this thread that KM is one of the most underrated players there is. VR clearly agrees. Her thoughts on Shorty are similar to mine in that it definitely seems like he is all over the place, just distributing suspcion everywhere. So she saw what I saw. Then she humbly ends her post. I see nothing but villager in this post.

[ QUOTE ]
This post made me choke.

What do people think of sighing? I think every single person that has posted in this thread has given his/her opinion on sighing. WTF xorbie?

We have a list of: one person almost everyone suspects (sighing), one person a few people have wondered about (me), and one person that nobody has mentioned much (chuckles).

This post feels fake to me...and it felt fake before I read the rest of the thread and realized xorbie has decided to target me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next post of reasonable content. This is in response to xorbie. Everyone HAD talked about sighing, so asking this was stupid. It is one of the reasons xorbie is on my list. I don't see the wolfy.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, some of the characterizations people have made of my posts this game are very misleading. That said, it's a long thread, so I'm not reading huge amounts into it. Yet.

Even though shorty is ahead now, I don't think he's going anywhere today. Not enough people are willing to vote him.

Let's try someone everyone claims to suspect, but only a couple of people are voting. Maybe we can reach a majority that way.

Fnord.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorty wagon wasn't happening so she moves to #2. If willmagic/amp turn out to be wolves, VR moves up the list as more of a wolf, if they turn out to be villagers, she stays put.

Most of the rest of her posts I skipped over because they were short, or jokes or just said "vote shorty" or something like that. Apparently people have issue with her pushing Shorty. Well guess what people, THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS GAME! You find someone who you strongly feel is a wolf, and you vote for them. Then you try and get other players to vote with you. VR is on her villager game. I have had an in-depth look at her wolf game, and how she approaches it because of the redux game. This is NOT her as a wolf. If I am wrong, lynch me, but I am not.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron, I think you'd have enough respect for my intellect to think that if I was a wolf I would do THE EXACT SAME [censored] I've done in two previous games ON DAY ONE.

christ people. Also with BobO - I was uncomfortable with him ALL yesterday. His urging on with sighing is one of the main reasons I laid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the main reasons you're not on the top of my list. want to start a nich wagon with me and shortline?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shortline's "PLANS FOR ACTION"

in any configuration, nick and fnord are still quite wolfy.

WillMagic the villager:

sighing/jonsan/durron look worse. amplify is questionable.

WillMagic the wolf:

chuckles/kyro/tokyo (?) look worse. sighing/amp look much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please god village do not get led around by shorty for the third time. His analysis of what you guys should do if I'm a villager is horrible.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tokyo, if Shortline is a villager (and I think he is), and he's a likely first night seer peek (and I think he is), how is voting or pushing for him villagey?

IMO, it's something wolves would do to "appeal" to the villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I disagree with both of your statements. Wolves are LESS likely to push really hard early for this very reason! For some reason, people think it is wolfy to push hard early on. Thus wolves would/should NOT do it. So pushing hard should make her more villagery! Am I the only one who thinks this? Later on in the game it's a different story, but on Day 1, the wolves are focusing on avoiding some suspicion and making it through Day 1 intact. Villagers shouldn't care about that and ought to be free to push whoever they want.