A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
monk if we elect you today i trust you to do the right thing

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU trust the monk to do the right thing, but does the monk trust the monk?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 AM

monk has had many opportunities to switch sides. if he was mayor, i dont see him switching sides.

Im okay electing herbie again if thats what everyone decides
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if they could convince even one person from the alliance to switch, a new 5 man alliance would be formed tmr (with the backstabber, the switcher, dustin, val and kokiri) and we (the rest of the alliance) would be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you and RT really should seriously be considering this.

You'll give yourselves a chance to win, and you can be sure that in the final 2 you would get the support of everyone not in the alliance. Plus, I don't care about winning so I'll go down with no fight.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:09 AM

BPM - really play out in your head what happens if someone switches sides today. Where are the two people that betray the alliance when they get down to 6 people?

If it's the 3 non-alliance, the 2 betrayers, and the last remaining alliance member, what do you think happens? Everybody's already backstabbed, and the 3 non-members have no loyalty anyway, so they pickup the last loyal alliance member, and vote out the two betrayers.

Switching on the alliance now only guarantees a lower finish for the betrayers, AND a final 3 appearance for the current non-members.

So, yeah, I have no concerns about electing RT, bravos or monk, since it's obvious that switching is a bad move.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You'll give yourselves a chance to win, and you can be sure that in the final 2 you would get the support of everyone not in the alliance. Plus, I don't care about winning so I'll go down with no fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

If two people switch, they're putting themselves in a minority situation in a 5 person alliance, guaranteeing they cannot win, and putting the 3 current non-members in the final 3.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:11 AM

dustin - and its exactly why me and rt shouldnt be mayor today. because that would be our best strategy. to a lesser extent i would say the same about bravos actually.

we all know we can trust herbie after yesterday. he is the most truthworthy person in the game right now.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If two people switch, they're putting themselves in a minority situation in a 5 person alliance, guaranteeing they cannot win, and putting the 3 current non-members in the final 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not true at all. I don't care about winning, and after we kill You, Dmk, Mets, and Herbie, I would have zero problem dying after that. And I think Kokiri may feel the same way.

I have no problem rewarding them for switching.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we all know we can trust herbie after yesterday. he is the most truthworthy person in the game right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

im actually the most trustworthy person in the game because I have nothing to lose- when I say you'll be rewarded for switching, I mean that. When I say I won't vote for you in the final 2 if you dont switch, I mean that too. I haven't told a single lie this whole game.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BPM - really play out in your head what happens if someone switches sides today. Where are the two people that betray the alliance when they get down to 6 people?

If it's the 3 non-alliance, the 2 betrayers, and the last remaining alliance member, what do you think happens? Everybody's already backstabbed, and the 3 non-members have no loyalty anyway, so they pickup the last loyal alliance member, and vote out the two betrayers.

Switching on the alliance now only guarantees a lower finish for the betrayers, AND a final 3 appearance for the current non-members.

So, yeah, I have no concerns about electing RT, bravos or monk, since it's obvious that switching is a bad move.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have said from the start that 10 is the danger number.

ok lets see why and actually play this out.

you guys vote me as mayor today, tonite i kill you/mets.

tmr i convince RT to join me along with the 3 non alliance members. gg to the alliance, and i look to hold a final 5 spot rather than a final 7 spot.

once its final 5 obv one of me and RT has to go, so will it be the instigator or the follower? imo i would make it to the final 4 quite easily (of course if RT led it would be him instead).

in that specific final 4 i would probably be almost certain of a final 2 spot because every single dead person would be voting against me so the other 3 would be desperate to get in to the final 2 with me.

does that really seem farfetched to you? because it plays out perfectly to me.

bravos situation is even better because he can choose between me and RT. if one of us doesnt go, the other probably will.

herbie on the other hand has had numerous situations where he could have gotten ahead, most notably last nite. he didnt, so lets trust him again. to reiterate: herbie is the most trustworthy person in the game rite now.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 AM

I've actually spent a lot of time thinking about this and I believe that any alliance member that switches today is completely killing their chances of winning the game. I can see a path to victory for any of the seven alliance members in a final seven (although I think some are harder than others). I don't see a path to victory for any "switchers" because if they switch they have to count on the remaining players in the game playing sub-optimally for them to have any shot (which I refuse to believe regardless of what Dustin says now).

All that said - if you guys feel I am the most trustworthy (because I will certainly vote off non-alliance today) then I would not object to being elected again.