Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
PocketNinjas PocketNinjas is offline
Member

Default Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Hello XXXXXXX,

We have transferred $20.00 from your account to 'wmlbicz' as per your request.

Good luck to you both.

Regards,

PokerStars Cashier
Old 02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Josem Josem is offline

Location: Victoria, Australia

chrisv: as far as i can tell, partypoker seems to provide the best aust/us exchange rates. bpay out of them for a $1 flat fee into your aust bank account, and they do better than the westpac sell rate.

even better would be to get a cheque withdrawal out of pokerstars addressed to the charity (rather than moving it into/out of $US/$A/$US) .... they might even chunk in a little themselves to the donation.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:43 PM
j_gomberski j_gomberski is offline

Location: in an utter state of confusion

Compose Forward
Delete Print Save Addresses PreviousRead Next Message

Date: 28-Feb-2007 17:38:53 -0600
From: "justin gomberg" <sponsorship@children-inc.org>
To: <gomberg@siu.edu>
Subject: Donation From Account 933903

Dear Sponsor,

Thank you very much for your decision to help a child through Children, Inc. Without your support and the support of others, we would not be able to help children both at home and around the world.

Request Details:
Your Account: 933903
Donation Amount: $50.00

Comments:
You selected to be billed Single Payment
Your selected form of payment was by credit card.

Your payment of $50.00 is being processed.

In the meantime, should you have any questions regarding this sponsorship request, please do not hesitate to contact us at sponsorship@children-inc.org, or call toll-free (in the US) 1-800-538-5381. Thank you for your support!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
SZEppi SZEppi is offline
Member

Location: Push or Fold mode

Great work, guys. My small contribution to the kids:

Hello flipflops11,

We have transferred $15.00 from your account to 'wmlbicz' as per your request.

Good luck to you both.

Regards,

PokerStars Cashier
Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
darom03 darom03 is offline

Location: Not USA!!! \\o/

Every time I look at this thread I feel so happy!

I once did some volunteer work in africa, and there I really saw how greatly the people benefit from charities.

You guys wouldn't believe how long $100 goes down there.

Big kudos from Denmark. I know that a lot of you guys are American, and in the light of the coming ban, your actions speak volumes.

BBV forever!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
darom03 darom03 is offline

Location: Not USA!!! \\o/

[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom I'm accepting them until midnight tonight.

wtfsvi, the 1K is OK but pls find another way for the 2350. I could end up getting shafted on x rates here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure we can find a way to reimburse you Chris. It should not cost you a penny for all the effort you have put into this.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Gildwulf Gildwulf is offline

Location: Blogging

Gild, can you sticky Chris' timeframe? I am predicting that Chris is still going to get a ton of transfers after his proposed deadline.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make another post when deadline is up and he can sticky that maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I added to the sticky to let people know to stop transferring money to you by midnight, and to check the thread for updates on who is doing the transfers.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
applejuicekid applejuicekid is offline

Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
NNNNOOOOONAN NNNNOOOOONAN is offline

Location: Hoss_TBF Fan Club

Chris, is stars going to basically charge you a fee for all these transfers? I've never dealt w/ anything like that so i don't know how it works.
If they do, count me in for another $20, just to pay for the transfer fees, for you to keep in ur acct.

i don't know if $20 will cover the whole fee but, it's a start
Old 02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
skier_5 skier_5 is offline

Location: praha

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, is stars going to basically charge you a fee for all these transfers? I've never dealt w/ anything like that so i don't know how it works.
If they do, count me in for another $20, just to pay for the transfer fees, for you to keep in ur acct.

i don't know if $20 will cover the whole fee but, it's a start

[/ QUOTE ]

no fee for stars transfers.