Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

Scott, if you're a villager, you really need to post like this more often. You're like...making sense and everything, twilight zone style
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scott, if you're a villager, you really need to post like this more often. You're like...making sense and everything, twilight zone style

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this was about the last thing i expected to happen this game
Old 01-18-2007, 12:55 PM

I will be busier than normal at work today and that means less posting than yesterday so I will try to get some thoughts together now. I would be comfortable supporting any of the following people today

CPFB - not eligible
Soah
Scott - not eligible
Shorty
Traz (change from yesterday)
Luckay
Clown
IY
Boiler - not eligible
FCBL - not eligible
MdoranD - not eligible

At the very least I would like to keep all of the above players eligible so if my vote is needed to do that I will probably give it. I know a lot of you have Boiler on your wolf lists - I don't as of now and when he is a villager he can be a very good wolf finder. My people I want to lynch list looks like this

Voj - top choice
Xorbie
Iron81
Econophile
Fnord

I see a number of people disagree about Fnord - my suspicion of him is based on a number of little things from yesterday. The fact that Zurvan's fervent support came before Zurv became the obvious lynch choice is one of those factors. The list of people voting him is another. Having said that he is the person on my suspect list that I would like to lynch least today.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this was about the last thing i expected to happen this game

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to start with the long intricate strategy posts and stuff today but now it would be too much.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the prior game you two are talking about, I made an early post where I said I suspected Scott because he was making sense. I regret that I didn't follow through on that suspicion that game. I don't think Scott is a wolf this game, even though he's making sense. Also, depending on who he plans on lynching, I may very well be voting for him today.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:05 PM

There are a bunch of players who I'd like to post more
Old 01-18-2007, 01:08 PM

Scott, that was not an error. I had a reason for liking a jeremy lynch last night more than a boiler lynch. In fact, the fact that I was elected with the most votes made me really not like a boiler lynch. There are just too many vote manipulators, and wolves have perfect information.

For everone saying zurvan practically outed himself, yay for you. The reason he was high on my list was because a lot of people thought he was a wolf. The reason he wasn't higher is because a lot of people always think he's a wolf (but presumably people are adjusting so their oppinions are presumably sounder). I thought he was a bit wolfy, or I really wouldn't have cared about others' oppinions, but seiously, a lot of people have definite reads on day one that turn out to be wrong, they just don't beat their chest the next day and talk about how obvious it was.

Strat time: Everyone should realize that priorly elected officials are prime night kill targets. All other things being equal, the wolves will eat these people first because it limits village options later on.

I would be happy to see Mdorand go. As REO Speedwagon would say, I just can't fight this feeling. I am becoming more and more suspicious and I will explain why by quoting his posts. I would absolutely despair to see him on the electorate.

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised and a little saddened to not be on any of those lists. My platform is solid. My character? Untarnished. A vote for me is a great one, and heres why:

- I am pro-village which will be evident soon enough
- I am above avg at finding wolves
- I will post content and with great fervor
- I may/may not have pro village powers which will help me find wolves.

I think its clear that a vote for MDoranD is a cant lose proposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a terrible post, but he is awfully eager to be elected. He also insinuates that he may have 'powers' that would help him find the correct lynch. This would be an interesting play as a seer, but I really don't think that is what is happening here.

[ QUOTE ]
Shorty,

What are the odds you would lynch TheBram if you were elected? What if I voted for you and told you he was definitely a wolf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, hardly subtle. I don't see any reason to suspect Bram as a wolf, and at this point there is nothing in Bram's posts that would support this strong a feeling.

[ QUOTE ]

Herbie,

thats a very bad choice. Voj is a very likely villager in my eyes.

guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

Again here. I made a case for Voj as a wolf, but it was thin because there weren't a ton of posts to work with. I quoted all of his posts last night. Which ones exactly indicated that he was a definite villager?

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think we should have anyone claim roles. IMO this will only make it easier for the wolves to narrow down who the power villagers are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in response to Clowntable's plan to expose the voting block. I have no doubt at all that having four clear villagers is an unfair advantage for the village. If the voting block came out now it would be like adding a third seer. The wolves have to let them live because they can't afford not to kill the seer and they are afraid of running into protection. I don't believe that Mdorand believes what he is saying. I think it is obviously in the village's best interest to have the voting block role claim.

This doesn't mean that I don't think there are legitimate reasons for opposing the plan. Just saying that it is lame to role claim without the threat of a lynch is fine. What Mdorand said was that it was not effective, or it is bad for the village. I don't buy that.

Finally we come to today:

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I will be running for office today. I hope I can have your votes. Vote for me if you

A. Think thebram is a wolf
B. Think most or all of these people are villagers:
-MDoranD
-Fnord
-Bluff
-Voj
-Clown

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we have Bluff moved to the certain villager spot. There is no way that Bluff has given anyone enough information to be sure what he is. I feel like this list is made up to have the correct proportion of wolves and villagers and doesn't reflect the type of thought or supporting information that I would expect if Mdorand was village.

MetaGame: Whoever is elected tonight should NOT consider lynching WDC or Fnord. They should be kept alive until they can pass on their legacy.

By that same token we shouldn't vote for anyone tonight who we might not want to keep around for two more days.

For example I don't think I will be voting for Shortline because he might be a target in the next two days. I also see that there is a positive chance that fnord is wolf. But I think that having him pass on legacy may be more important.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:09 PM

I'm headed to work soon.. right now I am leaning towards supporting Soah or MDD.

MDD has a list similar to mine.. as I would really like to see us lynch Bram today. However, I am not sure I agree with his villager list. Soah made a great thought out post about Bluff that checks out.. while I didn't suspect him prior to this I am definately leaning towards Bluff at the moment as well.

MDD, can you please post some other targets other than Bram? A group of people you would like perhaps?