Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

Good morning.

If you think I didn't vote zurvan because he played me up, ummm, the bram said something like "I was going to vote for X, but fnord has swayed me, vote fnord"
(Also, I was flip flopping in my mind over which for zurv/bram/boiler was a wolf, but finally decided that bram was most likely it and went with it.)

I think it is much less likely that bram or boiler is a wolf with zurvan being one.

I am pretty happy with the way things are going, because I think in the next couple of days several people will move clearly into wolf/villager categories above and beyond any seer insights. Stephen being a vanillager is just gravy.

On elections, I think we definitely need to elect three different people today, and make sure we don't close out any options on people who may be good electorates later.) I will put up elligibility lists later so we don't leave someone behind we shouldn't.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Quick post before I go into my meeting.

The 2 people yesterday who supported Zurvan were Aaron and CPFB. I think we should keep them both on the radar.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm pretty much assuming one or both of scotthoward/shortline is a wolf

[/ QUOTE ]
traz, honestly, at this point, anybody who suggests I may be a wolf will totally scramble my brain.
im not saying that ive done anything extraordinary, but most if not all of the regular ww players here (except you apparently) will all attest to my villagerness at this point.
shorty on the other hand is another story. I don’t think I want to support shorty at all any more. I know I had him on my support list originally, but I don’t think I can trust that he will lynch who he says he will. I can picture him getting voted in and then going in a different direction and then talk his way out of it the next day.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm pretty much assuming one or both of scotthoward/shortline is a wolf

[/ QUOTE ]
traz, honestly, at this point, anybody who suggests I may be a wolf will totally scramble my brain.
im not saying that ive done anything extraordinary, but most if not all of the regular ww players here (except you apparently) will all attest to my villagerness at this point.
shorty on the other hand is another story. I don’t think I want to support shorty at all any more. I know I had him on my support list originally, but I don’t think I can trust that he will lynch who he says he will. I can picture him getting voted in and then going in a different direction and then talk his way out of it the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) we can all safely say that I don't care what other notable WW players think most of the time

b) I can't stop remembering the game where you played like a villager right up until the end, and of course you were the last wolf

c)I can't imagine a group of 8 more wolves that lacks you AND shortline

d)DAMN YOU for making that post, because it does sound villagery
Old 01-18-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good morning.

If you think I didn't vote zurvan because he played me up, ummm, the bram said something like "I was going to vote for X, but fnord has swayed me, vote fnord"
(Also, I was flip flopping in my mind over which for zurv/bram/boiler was a wolf, but finally decided that bram was most likely it and went with it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

From now on I'll make sure to ask someone if they plan on killing me before I vote for them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a) we can all safely say that I don't care what other notable WW players think most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]agreed, but you should consider it of course

[ QUOTE ]
b) I can't stop remembering the game where you played like a villager right up until the end, and of course you were the last wolf

[/ QUOTE ]yes, and if you recall, i was found out because yuppie realized i hadnt voted for a single wolf the entire game. i think we can agree yesterday took care of that.
also, you know damn right that that is a pretty poor reason to suspect me traz.
[ QUOTE ]
c)I can't imagine a group of 8 more wolves that lacks you AND shortline

[/ QUOTE ]i suppose we could all say the same about you/shorty, or you/me, or you/whoever

[ QUOTE ]
d)DAMN YOU for making that post, because it does sound villagery

[/ QUOTE ]theres a reason for that [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

but thats all im going to do as far as defending myself. im pretty sure you might be the only person who thinks im a wolf at this point, so ill save my breath
Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 PM

ok,

look at d1 of games where bluff has been a villager. in No Info he calls out tabako for making a wolfy post very early. tabako was a wolf. In Pogglesworth he calls out Magra early for making some wolfy posts, and sticks with it all day. Magra was a wolf. In this game, he had two full days to contribute.... and he posted a grand total of zero suspects. The closest he came was posting an "iffy" list of Luckay, Shorty, and Scott. No explanations. wtf? This is a red flag. Afterwards he says: "I'm going to go reread and see if I can come up with a wolf list now to go with my support list." This was at 11:43 AM and it was his final post of the day. This is a HUGE red flag. Ppl saying they are going to go reread something in order to get reads and then never follow through are very often wolves. When villagers say they are going to go reread something, it's because they are going to go reread something, so that they can contribute. When wolves say it, it's because they have nothing to say and need to cover for it.

He is also very insistent on not getting elected, and even goes as far as to say that he is "awful" at finding wolves early... this stuff is wolfy on its own merits, but even moreso considering the examples I mentioned where he did find wolves on d1.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 PM

ok, I'll let this one lie because I'm satisfied with your response
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM

I just find it so hard to believe that bluff's rand could be that rigged
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

From now on I'll make sure to ask someone if they plan on killing me before I vote for them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
thats the plan for today
we all discuss whos a wolf, everybody declares who they will lynch, we all vote for the guys who will lynch our suspect