Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Live play = free monies

I play live at Foxwoods. I think the rake is $1 on the flop then 10% capped at $4 ($5?).

I'm not afraid of higher stakes... just wanted to demonstrate winning play by building the proper bankroll. I takes a long time though and I'm pretty much convinced I'm a solid winning player at live 2/4.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play live at Foxwoods. I think the rake is $1 on the flop then 10% capped at $4 ($5?).

[/ QUOTE ]

is there a bad beat drop?

do you toke the dealers? (i'm not convinced that i would at FW since they pool tips and many dealers are said to be terrible).

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not afraid of higher stakes... just wanted to demonstrate winning play by building the proper bankroll. I takes a long time though and I'm pretty much convinced I'm a solid winning player at live 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a respectable position, but yeah, it's probably time to move up. 4/8 is supposed to be awesome at FW anyway.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 PM

CR - I played at FW in spring 27 hours of 2-4 over 2 days and couple weeks ago about 8 hours 2-4 and 7 hours 4-8. I am almost literally break-even (as of last night -$18) over 35k hands of .5-1 at PS and FTP, +$80 5k hands .25-.50. I think you are at least as good, probably better, than me, and FWIW the 4-8 game at FW I think you will beat. I personally will likely play that exclusively going forward as I think the marginally tougher play is more than offset by the nearly 50% reduction in effective rake, both cap at $4, the 3rd and 4th dollar drops are at higher levels at 4-8 though. Varies by table, but in general 4-8 is more aggro, there will be more raised pots, but still 5-6 to the flop. I think people like BBB will say there is no diff b/t the 2, but IMO that is because he is so much better than the players at either one the differences are immaterial. I will say that in my limited experience there has never been a player better than me at my 2-4 table, and often no one even close. At 4-8 there has been at worst 2 people who may be marginally better and a couple who are close, but there have always been 4-6 60/5 type fish.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:45 PM

ok, let me just put the hammer down right here and claim that the FW 4/8 is crushable by anyone who is break even or better at .25/.50 or above.

BBB you disagree?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So it went off this morning... you get a piece?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honest to God, it went off on THE EXACT TABLE I was playing, minutes after I shut the table down... after a 5hr session, which I have done the last three nights.

I am only not killing myself by convincing myself that either:

a) My seat hadn't been filled, so the cards would have been distributed differently
b) I would have folded the winning/losing hand preflop, or I would have raised someone off it preflop.

So, I'm taking a break for a while. I'm on the verge of going busto and over it atm. I think I might go start playing WoW again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So laters dudes, I will probably answer PMs if anyone cares. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm taking a break for a while. I'm on the verge of going busto and over it atm. I think I might go start playing WoW again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap, I haven't logged in to my WoW account for months.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So it went off this morning... you get a piece?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honest to God, it went off on THE EXACT TABLE I was playing, minutes after I shut the table down... after a 5hr session, which I have done the last three nights.

I am only not killing myself by convincing myself that either:

a) My seat hadn't been filled, so the cards would have been distributed differently
b) I would have folded the winning/losing hand preflop, or I would have raised someone off it preflop.

So laters dudes, I will probably answer PMs if anyone cares. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

thats the logic I'd use too. if you were there the cards would have been different.

dude, go play 50c/1 or below and tear up the tables and if you happen to lose 100BB then you can just go meh
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 PM

Figured I'd play some min-bet poker to trade with my session swap amigo...

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 8 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button cappies</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Results:
Button shows Js, 4s (a full house, Fours full of Queens).
SB mucks Jc, Tc.
Hero shows Qh, Ah (a full house, Queens full of Fours).
MP1 shows Ac, 7c (a flush, Ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 31.70 BB.
($0.40 Rake)

Chat afterwards:

Button: Why did I lost?

(instant buddy)
Old 08-29-2007, 11:29 PM

MP1 3-bet FTW
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 3-bet FTW

[/ QUOTE ]

SB donk-coldcall a cap on a double paired river FT-Bonus-W.

[ QUOTE ]
SB mucks Jc, Tc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread