Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Closest you\'ve come to death?

Any clues then to what it sounds like... I'm not very familiar with many drugs... the people I've asked mentioned PCP, but I really have no clue. I just know it wasn't just weed, cause I had smoked many different types of buds and none ever made me feel like that night.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:45 PM

Me and a coworker were out clubbing about 8 years ago when we decided to go with these broads to there house, He jumps in there car and I follow, at a light a car full of puerto ricans pulls up next to the girls talking sht, they say some smart ass [censored] back and the ricans start chucking [censored] at there car so they pull off, ricans follow, so do I, we are going 70+ through residential streets not stopping at lights at 430am....finally the girls pull over and I jump out along with my friend, I had a pool stick in my car I decided to leave (smart move I believe) the ricans jump out and pop there trunk and pull out a gun, at which point we were robbed and almost car jacked.....at one point the guy put the gun to my forehead, and I actually grabbed the gun and pushed it away (I probably coulda grabbed it from him, but didnt know how 2 use a gun so it would have been no good) he backed up finished taking my sht, and I also began backing up, at which point he decided to SHOOT AT ME I ducked behind my car, they jumped in there car and pulled away.....

.....I end up remembering the license plate number give it the cops who pull us over beacuse of reported gun shots...they get arrested, we press charges...next day at work another employee knew the guys and advised me not to pursue as the guy was one of the largest drug dealers in the area and would most likely kill me, and he used to work for him and would have to tell him where I was....I quit immediatley (bouncing job), at one point a girk I dont know shows up at my house when Im not in asking to talk to me..(she was sent by the guy)..I end up going to court but in the courthouse my coworker never shows and 3 smokin hot chicks who were in front of me turn around and knew everything about me, advising me I shouldnt testify...I left

Not only was I shot at, I probably could have been killed if I testified.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:46 PM

Rowboat: That's pretty similar to my story (pretty much exact same location) except that we then had a big truck broadside us at about 60mph and flip us, luckily into the side of the mountain instead of over the cliff. A half-spin later and we're toast.

Euro: I was on the passenger side, which was damaged far less than the driver's side.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:48 PM

A- I've had a stiff neck for 2 days and jason_t's post scared me.

B- Sliding off of I5 on black ice, almost missing a barrier in the median and almost ending up sliding into the southbound traffic.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:22 PM

Lets see... Head on car crash at 50 mph. with a busted seatbelt. Airbag saved me and I only got some bruises/sprains/nerve damage, without it I was through the windshield.

Another time I got my pants tagged by a car that was going about 40. That is to say, they didnt stop while I was crossing the street and I jumped out of the way just fast enough so the car hit the leg of pants and left a big mark. Another foot forward and it was game over.

I will leave out drug stories because thats no fun to talk about but I have also narrowly dodged both knife attacks and faulty explosions, and had my spotter fail/anchors come loose when rock climbing. Actually I would say I am pretty damn lucky to be alive.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was in high school my lung collapsed (for no reason) just as I arrived at work (Taco Bell) at 8am. My chest started hurting a little and kept getting worse and worse, then my arm went numb and I thought I was having a heart attack. Finally, I cant stand up anymore and just lay down in the floor and tell my boss I think im having a heart attack. He calls me a liar and tells me to get up and work. So I do. It eventually stops hurting as bad but still bothers me some all day. When I breath you could hear a gurgling noise coming from my chest. So I work my 8 hours, go home take a shower and go out. I get home around midnight and am sitting on the couch. My cousin is over and we are watching TV. She says "what is that noise?" I say "Its my chest, I think I had a heart attack today."
"Oh my god! We need to go to the hospital"
"No, I think im okay now"
"NO WAY! We are going"
So we head to the hospital where I sit in the emergency room for a while. I start to notice its getting hard to breath and the ER nurse can hear my chest gurgle and decides I need to get looked at ASAP. I see Asian doctor who takes Xrays, EKGs and every other test he can think of. He is CERTAIN I have been doing cocaine, which I haven't. Finally he decides nothing is wrong and sends me home at 5 am.
I go home and go to sleep. About 3 hours later the hospital calls and tells me to come back ASAP. They had someone else look at my xrays and they realized what was wrong. In the 3 hours I was gone the amount my lung had collapsed had doubled in size. The took me straight to ICU and were VERY close to cutting me open. Luckily my lung came back before they did surgery and after a few days in the hospital I was good as new. They did tell me as I left that its rare for a lung to collapse for no reason but when it happens to someone, it usually happens again. Great.

Other than that...

Bad car wreck, huge ass wave in Mexico and driking to much tequilla at D. Ernest's house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care how much your lung collapsed. THIS was the closest you've ever been to death.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Deciding to stay in NY for 21st bday, and visiting WTC on morning of sep 11th. That, and people getting killed in front of hotel, car crashes etc. I guess I've been pretty lucky so far.