Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stealing 6k from a CVS like store does not make someone a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you even think before you begin typing?

[/ QUOTE ]

you messed up no doubt about that, but it's far from the type of event that would make me say "man that guy is just a useless hunk of flesh". It's more likely to elicit a "man that guy's some type of stupid" response. It's a crime of opportunity, which may seem victimless to the perpetrator ("I'm sure this huge company can aford losing six thousand dollars"). Sure someone who did this would be much more likely to be a piece of human trash, but that alone doesn't make them one, and it sounds like this is an isolated event.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have just said "no"

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if this thread were entitled. "Guy robs my house of 6k worth of electronics" there wouldn't be any sympathy for the d'bag as we'd see it from the persons perspective who got hosed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea because robbing, ie. using the threat of physical violence against someone else to take their personal items, is the same as incrementally stealing 6k or whatever. that makes a whole ton of sense
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you messed up no doubt about that, but it's far from the type of event that would make me say "man that guy is just a useless hunk of flesh". It's more likely to elicit a "man that guy's some type of stupid" response. It's a crime of opportunity, which may seem victimless to the perpetrator ("I'm sure this huge company can aford losing six thousand dollars"). Sure someone who did this would be much more likely to be a piece of human trash, but that alone doesn't make them one, and it sounds like this is an isolated event.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another well thought out post from Dids. Maybe I'm just more forgiving.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have different definitions of scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt you guys who are all on me for saying stealing 6k isn't THAT bad haven't met some real, tried-and-true scumbags. Guy who got put in Juvie for beating up his mom, and is now serving time for holding up 7-11s? Yea, he's a scumbag. Guy who's been in-and-out of prison for aggravated assault, yet continues to prey on younger kids in the neighborhood? yea, scumbag. One of my friends who happened to take about 1k from his place of work some years back? That was an isolated event and he's definitely not a scum bag. You guys must live some very sheltered lives

[/ QUOTE ]

"Man, that guy beat up a dude, spat on him and stole his watch, he's an [censored]"

"No way man, another guy beat up a dude, spat on him, stole his watch, AND pissed on him, the other guy can't be an [censored]".

I think everybody basically understands the point you're kinda trying to make, but your initial post is still retarded. Stealing from a store is a Bad Act. It's a very fair judgement that the person that does it is not a very swell person. Yes, it's not the same level of nasty that many other thing are, but its not really defensable in the least.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that's because you're an idiot
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely doubt you guys who are all on me for saying stealing 6k isn't THAT bad haven't met some real, tried-and-true scumbags. Guy who got put in Juvie for beating up his mom, and is now serving time for holding up 7-11s? Yea, he's a scumbag. Guy who's been in-and-out of prison for aggravated assault, yet continues to prey on younger kids in the neighborhood? yea, scumbag. One of my friends who happened to take about 1k from his place of work some years back? That was an isolated event and he's definitely not a scum bag. You guys must live some very sheltered lives

[/ QUOTE ]

"Man, that guy beat up a dude, spat on him and stole his watch, he's an [censored]"

"No way man, another guy beat up a dude, spat on him, stole his watch, AND pissed on him, the other guy can't be an [censored]".

I think everybody basically understands the point you're kinda trying to make, but your initial post is still retarded. Stealing from a store is a Bad Act. It's a very fair judgement that the person that does it is not a very swell person. Yes, it's not the same level of nasty that many other thing are, but its not really defensable in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my bar for calling someone a true "scumbag" is much higher than yours, and the others around here, but I fail to see why this makes it worth your time to make personal attacks.

oh yea edit for-awesome strawman.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yea because robbing, ie. using the threat of physical violence against someone else to take their personal items, is the same as incrementally stealing 6k or whatever. that makes a whole ton of sense

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being nitty, go ahead and replace "rob" with "burglarizes".
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I think you should lend him the money! Best of luck!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my bar for calling someone a true "scumbag" is much higher than yours, and the others around here, but I fail to see why this makes it worth your time to make personal attacks.

oh yea edit for-awesome strawman.

[/ QUOTE ]

1- it only takes about 2 to 3 seconds to call somebody stupid in a post. I've got that to spare.

2- that's not really a strawman

3- yer stupid
Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that's because you're an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah everyone else and i are wrong, you're right! i'm the idiot.. not you! i love a good idiot magnet thread.

"strawman" - LOL

ya i live a real sheltered life because my friends haven't stolen thousands from their places of business, which is "no big deal" remember? incrementally stealing just a bit here and there is no big deal, it's not like actually robbing a guy on the street!

i think i'll let everyone else handle you, i can feel myself getting dumber just reading your posts.