Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: 100r small boat

but it seems like there are a lot of reverse implied odds on an Axx flop. you're not really gunna know where you're at and potentially have to call off a lot of chips while utg can easily stop or whatever.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont see how its possible that shove is for value. There is simply no way I am paying that off with a worse hand. If I call I have 99 or 22, and to a lesser degree K9 or maybe KK, like 100% of the time. If I have AA, Kx or a draw, I'm gone...always.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's because tournament players are dumb and pay off with AA, AK, KJo, etc etc all the damn time there. if you're an unknown to him, he can snap shove all day and be right. additionally, you open limped the button, so to him you are very likely clowny-seeming.

having said that I do completely get what you're saying. but I'm a lifetime winner at every level in 10/20 or under, and I would never fold 2 pair in his spot and almost always be right. lol donkaments.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
being a good cash player may actually lead to wrong conclutions and too nitty postflop play in deepstack situations.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is 100% wrong ranges even 30bbs deep I will make folds in tournies that I would never ever make in cash games. It has nothing to do with ICM or CEV vs $Ev but for the most part ranges in tournaments are a lot stronger in general than in online cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

30bbs is not deep. It is super shallow compared to most cash game situations. When I talk about deep stacks, I mean 100 or more bbs. People will go busto 100+ bbs in tournaments with hands that no cash game player ever would.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM

What a brilliant hand! I think it deserves publication.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Quick answer is yes, of course you can put him on a boat. Factors why:
- how villain just played his TT
- fact that he knows you all saw it (which he is aware of, even if a weak player),
- checked flop
- villain's cold call on 4th

By 5th, you should be afraid of two hands: 99 and AA.

Tough spot to fold, but should certainly be weary of villain's line here post-flop.

I would suggest a check-call depending on villain's action on 5th, given the check. I'm sure many will disagree.