Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: The Well: TOO EAZY!

[ QUOTE ]
How do you thwart people from set mining against you or how can you get away from a good hand when someone hits a set against you?

[/ QUOTE ]

more often than not i don't get away from a good hand when someone hits a set on me in a heads up pot. in a multi way pot it's just about knowing your opponent. there's no cure-all answer to this.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If i want to play FR part time as a break from 6max what things would you tell me? Things you would have liked to be told at the beginning of your FR career

How essential is table selection at uNL (25nl - 100nl) in comparison to 6max

[/ QUOTE ]

Table selection is irrelevant before 200nl imo. Definitely at full ring, might be some tables at 200nl six max that are better left avoided but not really. All games 200nl and below are easy no matter who is on the table generally.

As far as tips for the transition, the most simple way to look at full ring is that it is the same as six max but the first 3 spots people play mega tight, and the position after that is the same as UTG 6max. If you can build your hand range around that you will be fine. Another big thing you need to recognize is that if someone's utg range is standard tight and youre in MP/LP with a hand like KK AA QQ JJ AK, you shouldn't 3bet very often because the range of hands he can have that will pay you off is very minimal. It has better implied odds to play your hand sneaky with a call to either smoke some chump trying to squeeze or generally disguise your hand and get the UTG raiser to put more money in the pot than he would otherwise.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Ah, beautiful. The things you've said were basically the only things i've based my game around / knew before I played FR.

I find at 50nl 6max table selection is pretty essential. But im thinking at uNL FR it'd defintaely have to be far less important. The regs at uNL are definately not going to try get tricky.

Basically what I'm saying is that I can sit down at any table as long as I know exaxctly who to semi avoid, Correct?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, beautiful. The things you've said were basically the only things i've based my game around / knew before I played FR.

I find at 50nl 6max table selection is pretty essential. But im thinking at uNL FR it'd defintaely have to be far less important. The regs at uNL are definately not going to try get tricky.

Basically what I'm saying is that I can sit down at any table as long as I know exaxctly who to semi avoid, Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're only a little bad, you can sit at any uNL table and absolutely thrash it. Run a hud and figure out who the mega-nits are, adapt accordingly, play tight and prosper. So yeah, you got it basically.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM

Playing 9 tables of 25nl I don't believe there are really any decent players. There seems to be alot of money to be made playing these games.

How does 12.5 / 8 / 2 sound? Thats over 2k hands I've played today.

At what level do you find pure ABC doesn't work anymore? Would I easily be able to beat this game upto 100nl just playing standard ABC poker
Old 11-06-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 9 tables of 25nl I don't believe there are really any decent players. There seems to be alot of money to be made playing these games.

How does 12.5 / 8 / 2 sound? Thats over 2k hands I've played today.

At what level do you find pure ABC doesn't work anymore? Would I easily be able to beat this game upto 100nl just playing standard ABC poker

[/ QUOTE ]

You can win with ABC probably through 400nl. How much you win will slow with every level.
Your stats are mega standard for microNL. When I started at 25nl I had about the same stats but more like a 2.5-3 AF.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

I found there to be a BIG jump in the standards of the regs at 6max from 25nl - 50nl. How does this compare to the FR jump in quality of players?

Is there more money to be made 12 tabling FR or 6 tabling 6max? What do you think is better for the long run?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found there to be a BIG jump in the standards of the regs at 6max from 25nl - 50nl. How does this compare to the FR jump in quality of players?

Is there more money to be made 12 tabling FR or 6 tabling 6max? What do you think is better for the long run?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a little misguided. There is no difference between 25nl and 50nl they're both full of bad players whether they're regs or not.

If I had to offer advice I always say go with 12 tabling full ring if it means you'll get more hands/hr comfortably, which is usually the case.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM

I play 18/8/2. Is this playing too many hands or what would you consider stats to aim for to play solid ABC?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM

stop limping.