Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Yanks offer job to Girardi

[ QUOTE ]
there is little doubt the organisation needs to take some responsibility here but you are ignoring the fact that they did put in usage guidelines, Girardi broke them, and a young starter got injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usage guidelines? Link of any sort here would help your cause. I have never seen anything on that...
Old 10-30-2007, 03:57 PM

Girardi's getting $7.5 for 3 years. Paully wants to join!

Paul O'Neill told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand he "wouldn't rule out" joining Girardi's coaching staff. O'Neill said he and Girardi are longtime friends and they spoke a lot during the season; both worked for YES, the Yankees' television network.

"I will probably talk with him at some point [about a coaching position]," O'Neill said.

O'Neill said he will wait to call Girardi, because he doesn't want to be a nuisance during Girardi's decision-making process.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is little doubt the organisation needs to take some responsibility here but you are ignoring the fact that they did put in usage guidelines, Girardi broke them, and a young starter got injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usage guidelines? Link of any sort here would help your cause. I have never seen anything on that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've posted the link multiple times on Girardi threads, it should be easy for you to find. Girardi sent Josh Johnson out after a long rain delay, and he blew out his arm. When Girardi was fired this was listed as one of the examples of Girardi breaking the usage guidelines given him.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the team underperformed

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot be serious. The 06' Marlins did not underperform.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) They underperformed their pythagorean, they should have won 80 game, only won 78. This doesn't show to the manager being creative about winning one run games.

2) Even better, the team hit and pitched well enough to be an above .500 team. An ERA+ of 99 and a OPS+ of 105 should have given them around 85 wins. But they created too many outs with ineffective base-stealing.

3) The 07 Marlins scored more runs and stole bases way more effectively than the same team run by Girardi.

4) The 07 Marlins would have been a dramatically better team, had not their best four pitchers had their arms slagged at the end of 06 and turned in dramatic performance declines.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tchers get hurt and young pitchers get hurt more frequently without a clear indication of what the cause is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because YOU don't keep up with injuries on young pitchers doesn't mean we don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject. If you're ignorant about the subject, fine, but stop talking like you know all this and this and it's totally random and we don't know what we should do or should not do and blah blah blah. Young pitchers jumping over 30 IP in a year = bad. Pitchers, but young pitchers especially, pitching 110+ pitches = bad. 115 and 120+ = super super bad. Even if you don't get hurt the performance suffers. You don't do these things ever. Girardi did.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't know what you are talking about. I randomly selected a couple of dates: On September 7, 2006, Florida was 3.5 games out of the wild card with 22 games to play. On September 12, 2006, Florida was 2 games out of the wild card with 17 games to play. Their chances were far above miniscule and apparently your "head" is way "off" -- or just blinded by your unsupported positions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure you "randomly" selected those dates. Why don't you link me to the site you're going back in time to see the standings? I'll do it myself.

And I said "chance," not "games back in Wild Card." The Braves and Rockies, for example, were statistically "in the race" for the Wild Card in early September but were long shots to actually make the playoffs because while they weren't super far back, a litany of other teams were a little ahead or a little behind and their teams just weren't that great.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've posted the link multiple times on Girardi threads, it should be easy for you to find. Girardi sent Josh Johnson out after a long rain delay, and he blew out his arm. When Girardi was fired this was listed as one of the examples of Girardi breaking the usage guidelines given him.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Just reviewed your posts where Girardi's name appears over the past two weeks. No link to anything about usage guidelines. The "abuse of young pitchers" as a reason for the firing of Girardi is not mentioned in any article I have found prior to the beginning of the 2007 season.

Two strikes.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girardi's getting $7.5 for 3 years. Paully wants to join!

Paul O'Neill told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand he "wouldn't rule out" joining Girardi's coaching staff. O'Neill said he and Girardi are longtime friends and they spoke a lot during the season; both worked for YES, the Yankees' television network.

"I will probably talk with him at some point [about a coaching position]," O'Neill said.

O'Neill said he will wait to call Girardi, because he doesn't want to be a nuisance during Girardi's decision-making process.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Paul!!

This would be awesome.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Just reviewed your posts where Girardi's name appears over the past two weeks. No link to anything about usage guidelines. The "abuse of young pitchers" as a reason for the firing of Girardi is not mentioned in any article I have found prior to the beginning of the 2007 season.

Two strikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He without a doubt abused Josh Johnson. There is absolutely no debate about this. The Yankees cannot have this happening - but I expect ownership to be stronger about such things.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two strikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually had an in-depth post about it and it was very good. How do I know? I read it. Try looking harder.

EDIT: You may not want to look because you know it rapes every part of your argument. Can't blame you there.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 PM

This thread is so annoying cuz a select few can't stop talking about a one year blip (that will not happen with the Yankees) in a managers rookie season.