Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this request inappropriate?
Yes! Rude and weird 11 3.67%
No way, this is not a big deal 289 96.33%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: LuckyJimm - Omaha pro - silences the doubters!

All your recent talk about "scores" and "wins" and this constant deposit-withdrawal cycle irks me. It seems like you are actually learning some things from your time on 2+2 (using PT, keeping records) but not others (bankroll management, the psychology of winning players).

If you actually have some poker skills it just seems stupid not to set yourself some rigid BR management rules (when I have x $ I play x limits, if I fall to x $ I drop back to x limit). It's just so basic and easy to follow, and the fact you can follow other poker-related advice means your inability to do this shouldn't be able to be explained away by simply being an undisciplined degen.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:59 AM

lol its fun but sad at the same time, jim youre such a degen
Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol its fun but sad at the same time, jim youre such a degen

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong! LuckyJimm is a winning poker player now. Read his blog!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All your recent talk about "scores" and "wins" and this constant deposit-withdrawal cycle irks me. It seems like you are actually learning some things from your time on 2+2 (using PT, keeping records) but not others (bankroll management, the psychology of winning players).

If you actually have some poker skills it just seems stupid not to set yourself some rigid BR management rules (when I have x $ I play x limits, if I fall to x $ I drop back to x limit). It's just so basic and easy to follow, and the fact you can follow other poker-related advice means your inability to do this shouldn't be able to be explained away by simply being an undisciplined degen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you're right. I need to get used to having money in my online poker account, without having to be playing. If I can't leave money into my account then I'll never be able to jump into a good game, as I'm always waiting for a withdrawal to come through and that governs when I can play.

And I need to get used to having money in my bank account, without having to deposit it online. I might have won this week, but it's still pretty sick that the other day I deposited online all £870 I had available to me.

And I really must stop myself from going up to 2/4 as I don't have the money for it. It's perfectly possible to make a good score at 0.50/1. But 1/2 is so tempting. I will not go any higher than this, though!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JIM PLAY 50C/$1 GODAMNIT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry! I just sat with $100, if that's any consolation
Old 10-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Jim you'll go bust. It might not be tomorrow, it might not be next week, but you'll piss it away because you'll never change. People like you don't change. You're winning a bunch of races at the moment. That's about it right now. You'll keep pushing your luck playing above your head until you lose 5k or so in an hour of madness. You'll have a bad morning, then play catch up. Or you'll have another couple days of huge wins and think you've got it all figured out and take your shot and the high limits. You'll lose a buy in then feverishly try to get it back.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:55 PM

I think you guys really don't get the british sense of humour. This is A material, and you guys are just abusing him. I honestly think the joke's on you guys here. And

[ QUOTE ]
Jim you'll go bust. It might not be tomorrow, it might not be next week, but you'll piss it away because you'll never change. People like you don't change. You're winning a bunch of races at the moment. That's about it right now. You'll keep pushing your luck playing above your head until you lose 5k or so in an hour of madness. You'll have a bad morning, then play catch up. Or you'll have another couple days of huge wins and think you've got it all figured out and take your shot and the high limits. You'll lose a buy in then feverishly try to get it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I used to be a luckyjimm hater, mostly just to be on the bandwagon, but after reading his blog I'm a luckyjimm lover.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:14 PM

wait did you really call a raise oop with 8662
Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM

why dont you just play poker?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait did you really call a raise oop with 8662

[/ QUOTE ]

LuckyJimm: wins $230.08