FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
It's mainly because he's pretty much the only poster on this site whose entire arguments consist of logical opinions backed by doses of facts and sources backed by more logical opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whee, you're a multi-sport troll. Like the Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, or Danny Ainge of trolling. In this particular post you managed to insult everyone but RedBean. Pretty trollific IMO.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:27 AM

You seem to enjoy my posts way too much if I'm such a horrible troll.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's mainly because he's pretty much the only poster on this site whose entire arguments consist of logical opinions backed by doses of facts and sources backed by more logical opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

no thats the problem. his posts are not completely logical. wtf does his post on the superstar have to do with bonds? absolutely nothing.

he continually misapplies aarons amphetamine usage. etc etc. idiots like you just dont realize it.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:30 AM

how can you say the feelings towards him are par for the course, what other athletes roll around breaking records and get stuff thrown at them? It's one thing for the fans of a superstar's rival to hate them, its another for PEOPLE FROM EVERYWHERE to hate him. Not standard. Not par for the course. We might have to admit he has flaws.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf does his post on the superstar have to do with bonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even read his posts?

[ QUOTE ]

... the soap opera saga that is written in the newspapers telling me who to like and who to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't exactly draw you a map to show how he's illustrating his point with the post you question, but then again, I really shouldn't have to.

I'd also love to see you retort his initial post in this thread.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe you clowns continually fall for red beans bs. so just bc the star player in his excellent anecdotes is not bonds means bonds is a great guy and his label as [censored] is completely misplaced? ya sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

RB never attempted to label Bonds as a "great guy."
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is just stupid to act like his isn't a player who produced a ridiculously gigantic outlier number of wins and success and left this much bad will. You can argue for not considering him in the wrong but you can't argue that a huge amount of people don't disagree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, i see what you're saying....I totally agree with you here. I certainly can't argue that an enormous amount of people dislike Bonds, for whatever reasons.

Success in competitive environemnts breeds hatred. Enormous success breeds enormous hatred.

I don't see many folks clamoring on about Matt Lawton's positive test or holding bitterness towards him....if they even know who he is....and it isn't because he was a nice guy with great character, it's because he doesn't have 762 homeruns.

And let's be frank here....you have to admit that at least a *wee bit* of that ill will in general from "fans" comes from their perceptions as formed by what is presented in the media.

In fact, that *wee bit* may just be about 95% of it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

You are trying to create a consensus that he is loved and thats [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? No I'm not. He's loved by his fans, his family, and his friends....but then again, so is everyone.

By no stretch of the imagination am I pretending that Bonds is going to be voted man of the year or put on any postage stamps due to his overwhelming popularity any time soon.

But, like I said, WATCH THE GAME, the game of baseball....rather than reading what a few guys in the newsroom want you to think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 AM

RedBean, I usually love your logical rational posts on Bonds greatness, esp., because of how they light up the steroid Nazis and provokes fits of irrational rage. Bonds greatness as a player however doesnt extend to greatness as a human being. Blaming the media for Bonds behavior and justifying Bonds behavior because there are other stars who are jerks are two empty arguments that are frankly beneath you. The litany of bad behavior Bonds exhibited at ASU alone was beyond bounds, and its just continued to this day. Barry Bonds, baseballs greatest player and one of its nastiest people.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf does his post on the superstar have to do with bonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even read his posts?

[ QUOTE ]

... the soap opera saga that is written in the newspapers telling me who to like and who to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't exactly draw you a map to show how he's illustrating his point with the post you question, but then again, I really shouldn't have to.

I'd also love to see you retort his initial post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

look this is dumb. i will readily admit that much of redbeans arguemnts are great and have shaped my view on the subject.

but there are certain aspects that are disingenous. if you notice im trying to give him advice on how to be better. not that it matters since you drones will still slobalob no matter what.

so no, im not trying to retort to all his arguments. im not trying to tear apart all his ideas. there are just parts of them that are at the least misinformed, but most likely, given his displayed intelligence, deliberately misleading.

he would have a much better argument if he cleaned some things up.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Bonds