Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Under 25-year-olds only!!!! Do you know who Estelle Getty is?
Yes 3 12.00%
No 22 88.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Rank these past NBA Teams

[ QUOTE ]
Rodman is one dimensional in his skill set obviously but clearly the guy wins right? Everywhere he went he won.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be careful when you argue this stuff. Guys like Shaq win whereever they go (I'd include guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan and Duncan, but they only played for one team). Guys like Rodman find themselves in the right situations, but only because they are of little use to a team that isn't already well-positioned to win a title. Most teams can't afford to have a one-dimensional player play the kind of minutes Rodman did.

-McGee
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Clark,

I never shifted my argument. I talked about both Harper and Kerr in my previous post, in fact the main point of my post was how effective the Triangle is if you have the two best players on the floor--from there the building of the team is about filling a need. You don't need guys that do a lot of skills average to above average, you need some guys that perform one skill set the best. Kerr's skill was one of the best. Rodman's skill was one of the best. That is what I was saying.

IMO, all of it correlates together. There was a reason why these players fit the puzzle so well.

Aces- True, true.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horace at his peak, which he was during the Bulls years was way better than Rodman during his 3 Bulls years. He was an excellent offensive player

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Also, when comparing the two runs it makes me a sad panda that you keep leaving off Kukoc. He was way better than anything the 1991-1993 teams had coming off the bench, giving them 13-4-4 during those title years. Not to mention manning up in the darkest moment of Pippen's career.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For worst team, I have to go with the 1995 Rockets. It was an MJ-less season (well, he was back by then as #45 but not on top of his game as witnessed by the Magic's pozzing of the Bulls in the playoffs). Not only were they a six seed they just weren't that good. The Dream carried a mediocre roster past a 3-1 deficit against the Suns, beyond a Spurs team featuring the squeezably soft David Robinson, and to victory over a Magic team partially because Nick Anderson forgot how to shoot free throws. It's still amazing to me that the Rockets won one title, much less two in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree - that really hurt me at the time as a Spurs fan. It amazed me at the time how they managed to 'steal' those titles - I guess they took advantage of the chokers. Thank heavens Spurs took advantage in years to follow, or that series against Houston might still haunt me.