Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

[ QUOTE ]
i really didn't think people like veil actually existed. wow. i guess i have been overestimating the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back it up then, you dip.s.hit. How tough are you over the internet? Back up your insult 'cause I don't even know what you're hinting at. I'll further back up my points: go read or watch any gold interview, he'll be quoted saying that he doesn't find himself to be even a great player, but merely a good player. Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance and I'll point out your judgmental tendencies based on no foundation whatsoever besides your stupid ignorant brain. If you don't disagree with this, what on Earth are you even talking about, and what are you hoping to achieve by writing this crap? You're so much better than me, mate, loads better. I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Although he was a laughable tell-box vs. Eli on that trip Kings hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker.

This reminds me of another poster who said Matusow gave away his hand with a 100% certainty when he had the nuts and was commenting that he didn't have a bunch of hands. Heck, Doyle did the exact same thing last week on PaD and had an absolute zero. I see the same stuff at least fifty times a week.
Same goes for your post. Gold does RANDOM things. Let me repeat: RANDOM. Even he has no idea until he's saying it. If he had a flush draw you would all be saying the same thing "OMG TELL BOX LOL!!! These are not tells...Just understand how stupid you are please. Let me give you an example of a possible tell that is extremely hard to spot. Phil Ivey tends to made a funny upward head movement when he has a very weak hand immediately after he bets it. Has anyone noticed it? I've seen it around twenty times now and have never seen him do it when he has a strong hand. Now this may be a credible tell. You see, I have a control in my assumptions. You have baseless, fact-less horse-crap!! For the love of God!! HELP ME!!!

My word...what's wrong with this forum? I read through some posts and so far 90% of it is fill with utter nonsense/crap.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! Oh! I have one! Listen to this interview. It's more than just one thing, it's the whole thing.

[Note: link is to an MP3 file of an hour long radio show, so right-click & download for full listening pleasure.]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 PM

Veil, The only real problem I've had with any of your posts in this thread is that you think you can declare something a law just by saying it.

Something like that has to go through a vote. Please be more considerate of the way laws are made on 2+2. They have been the way they are for many years my friend.

Paul Phillips thought he was above the law and you see what happened to him don't ya?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These players don't even know the odds of an open ended straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone have a simple rule of thumb for calculating the percentages in that case? Or is it something one just memorizes?

(I'm talking about OESD vs assumed set, vs assumed trips, vs assumed two pair, and ditto for flush-draw vs set / trips / two pair.)

[/ QUOTE ]
In general, the rule of thumb is that you have about 1/3 equity when you have the draw without the other guy having a set, and 1/4 equity when he does. One rule of thumb would be to multiply the probability of hitting your draw by the probability of the other guy NOT hitting his FH (~ 1/3 * 2/3 = 22%). It's not perfect, since the probabilities are not truly independent, but it's close enough.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM

I'm just now getting into this show and I'm hooked. Man I hope HSP is popular with the casual fan (especially SNG players), with all the slop hands these guys play. Also Gabe Kaplan says something that just destroys me 2 or 3 times per ep. (The thing about Laak with a hot Hollywood girlfriend and Matusow going to massage parlors.)
Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see, you must either have a super user account or are full of complete and utter crap and probably still live at home. I vote the latter.

Get lost douchebag.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM

For those saying how Jamie Gold is so -EV in this game...well that's really saying how bad he is because this table is filled with overrated, bad No Limit Hold'em players that couldn't beat NL 100 on PokerStars.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really didn't think people like veil actually existed. wow. i guess i have been overestimating the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back it up then, you dip.s.hit. How tough are you over the internet? Back up your insult 'cause I don't even know what you're hinting at. I'll further back up my points: go read or watch any gold interview, he'll be quoted saying that he doesn't find himself to be even a great player, but merely a good player. Find me just one thing he says that even hints at him portraying arrogance and I'll point out your judgmental tendencies based on no foundation whatsoever besides your stupid ignorant brain. If you don't disagree with this, what on Earth are you even talking about, and what are you hoping to achieve by writing this crap? You're so much better than me, mate, loads better. I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish there was a word for someone who seems to go out of their way to insult, argue, and start fights with random people on the internet for the hell of it...
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM

veil....graph?