Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: This time last year....

[ QUOTE ]
btw this is somewhat off topic but it's kind of funny that like a year ago (maybe after that) i decided i'd try to play tournaments and maybe get lucky and have a big score (little did i know how lucky you have to get) and i was reading [censored] about it, and read the resteal ansky anthology [censored].

well, fastforward whatever amount of time and my boys are talking about tournaments and i'm like 'yea i've talked ot ansky before on aim he's our age.'

collectively, we're like all like "wtf the godfather of the resteal is younger than us..."

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol
as if his ego needed the boost
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw this is somewhat off topic but it's kind of funny that like a year ago (maybe after that) i decided i'd try to play tournaments and maybe get lucky and have a big score (little did i know how lucky you have to get) and i was reading [censored] about it, and read the resteal ansky anthology [censored].

well, fastforward whatever amount of time and my boys are talking about tournaments and i'm like 'yea i've talked ot ansky before on aim he's our age.'

collectively, we're like all like "wtf the godfather of the resteal is younger than us..."

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-17-2007, 11:44 PM

1 year ago...completely busto, like $500 to my name busto. Just started college and started playing online, getting transfers from friends, playing freerolls, etc.

Now - robusto thanks to donkament scores
Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa now, im not you.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 AM

Last year I had a great full time job and still played full time poker. September of last year I made over 30k in mtt scores. Was luckboxing and beating partypoker $5-$10 playing abc poker. Just started to multi-table and beat partypoker $100 sngs. I was on top of the world, free moneys. made over 75k playing poker in 2006 with only 1 losing month.

This year is completely different. Have not had a 5 figure cash all year after having many last year. Have only had 2 winning months. To make matters worse I don't have a job anymore due to being laid off and poker is Def not cutting it. Good thing is I'm not close to being busto thanks to good bankroll management and playing less. GG swongs.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:46 AM

last year i was in my last semester of college in the states. I played a ton of poker but mainly sngs and smaller buy in mtts. I would do ok in sngs and had no clue in mtts. Deposits were a very common occurence. It was around the middle of the semester I got on 2p2 and learned quite a bit. I still pretty much suck at poker but I've had some good scores and have a 20k bankroll from mtts. Havent made a deposit since 2006.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:02 AM

this time last year i had just started trying to learn cash, playing 1/2 on a 4k roll, and playing tourneys recreationally while in law school

since then ive grossed something like 400k playing MTTs and netted about ~350-370 (before the lucky guy who backs me got his cut), most of which of course came on one lucky night. i've also abandoned playing cash games post legislation because i dont think im a winner at the limits that i would want to play. eventually i may get a coach and start putting in the hours to really learn nlhe -- it just depends on how long i want to ride this poker train. for now i'm very happy just beating tournaments and having a really fun life.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Last year I primarily played SnG's and some MTT's, both with moderate success over a small sample, but nothing too big.. I remember tilting my roll off in September of last year due to stupidity.. it was a very low point I hope to never revisit.. couple months later I regrouped, learned BR management and tried to improve my game. (Which at my level really involves just slowing everything down and thinking).. Anyways since then I haven't made another deposit and am happy with how things have come along.. I'm now a BR nit

I am so far from where I want to be, poker or otherwise, but hopefully the next year will be a good one.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 AM

i was just finishing my summer job, differed the next year to play multitable $20-$75 mtts as a full time pro. previous year i had been supporting myself through uni with mtts.

I payed off my debts moved to asia and now i've taken another year off to play full time for another year.

now i still multitable mtts but am up for $50+ to $10r+, whatever the highest games are for the time i'm playing (besides the $1k's and stars / full tilts 100r's after taking a shot and moving back down).

Now i've played APPT Manila am off to aruba, playing Late night poker on UK Channel 4 (the show that inspired me to play seriously), playing Crypto's Carribean Poker Classic and going to Ladbrokes Poker Cruise over the next few months.

Still waiting for a big score on a sunday. due to running bad in the late game stages i come in the top 30 of a big sunday tournament every week. One day i'll win a race to make a deep final table finish, one day soon!

P
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

90% of my net worth was my 80k party bankroll
I realize now i was a terrible tournament player
cashed last years 500$ WCOOP for ~4500 busting to genius28 in a huge coinflip TT<KQ

which is less than i made in this years 500 for owning 10% of dankhank