Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Should I break up with my girlfriend for being a snoop?

[ QUOTE ]
Since the vast majority of girls read your text messages, emails, search your pockets, bags etc. it's a vital information how she got your passwords. If you wrote them on a sticky on your monitor, I'd say this is mostly normal - although extremely annoying - female behaviour. If she used hacker tools, she's nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not my behavior or the behavior of anyone I know.

Of course, if I learned my boyfriend was "befriending" random women, collecting their phone numbers, and not mentioning it to me, I'd probably start snooping, if I bothered to keep him around at all.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should break up, get back together again, break up again, get back together again, rinse and repeat.

Well, it's not what you should do, but it's what you will do!

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody said something like this in OOT within the last few months, with the embarassing psychology parts thrown in, just perfect, and I wish I saved it somewhere so I could bust it out once in a while.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since the vast majority of girls read your text messages, emails, search your pockets, bags etc. it's a vital information how she got your passwords. If you wrote them on a sticky on your monitor, I'd say this is mostly normal - although extremely annoying - female behaviour. If she used hacker tools, she's nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not my behavior or the behavior of anyone I know.

Of course, if I learned my boyfriend was "befriending" random women, collecting their phone numbers, and not mentioning it to me, I'd probably start snooping, if I bothered to keep him around at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
well said sister!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:46 PM

i only skimmed the op, but it sounds like you're doing some sketchy stuff that makes me not care that she is snooping.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

More pics of her to make a better decision

[/ QUOTE ]

That pic is spooking me. You're as tall sitting down as she is standing up. Did you photoshop in Andre the Giant's hands? Her hands look tiny compared to yours. She's over 12, right?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are horribly silly and weird and find an outlet in each other for behavior that would find us guilty of impropriety elsewhere. We have long conversations in cartoon voices

[/ QUOTE ]

This should stop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this should be reserved for job interviews when you want to keep your unemployment check going.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:27 PM

Damn this thread has went nuts! I can't be around all the time!

Alright, where to start...

[ QUOTE ]
Get a cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm allergic

[ QUOTE ]
OMG...BE A MAN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. At the same time, many of my friends that expunge this sentiment are absolutely miserable in their relationships with women (whether they get laid or not). Then again, my friends that are whipped are also miserable. Wish I could find a happy medium.

[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe she didn't break up with you for wearing that shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, great shirt but bad pic of it. It's part of a line designed for Michael Jordan...can't go wrong there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
from the pic, u are way better looking than her (she looks creepy)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the complement. Damn, didn't expect that many people to get 'creepy' from one pic. I'll have to find another.

[ QUOTE ]
Just by making this post i think you know the answer you're looking for, except that staying with her is the path of least resistance ...

As cool as my last gf was, being single at this age is priceless, and when i get tired of it, I'm confident enough in myself that I will be able to find another great girl... eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am way too concerned about rocking the boat at this point in life. Things have been too dramatic as it is. Hopefully I'll be able to make a decision SOON and stick with it.

[ QUOTE ]
6. When my last roommate moved out she was distraught to tears that I didn't want her to move in.

7. Her apartment caught on fire a month later and she was forced to move in to my room.

How has this not been delved into yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe...I was waiting for that one. I hope she is not THIS crazy.

The fire marshals ruled that it was electrical and originated from the television wiring.

My girlfriend was, however, initially worried because she accidentally left some candles burning and thought it was her fault. It really could have been the candles I suppose, but she's not so diabolical to have done it on purpose. Poor girl is getting a bad rap.

[ QUOTE ]
The whole 'maintaining-close-relationship-with-ex-she-cheated-on' is kinda weird to me, indicates he must be really emo or needy or something. what guy in his right mind would keep a close relationship w/ a girl who cheated on him -- unless he was still banging her himself?

likewise on the older guy. what's he hanging around for, what's she keeping him around for, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ex's mother is a connection for something or other so it makes it hard for her to ignore him. They also were high school sweethearts that were friends for a few years after they broke up. They decided to try to make it work again simply because they get along and were in each other's life regularly as good friends. They were only a few weeks into this trial process when me and her hit it off (at a funeral). They were already thinking it wasn't working out so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

As for the older guy...
He's sticking around because he's a creep and probably hoping for something sooner or later.

I believe she's keeping him around because she is trying to come to terms with a relationship that made her feel like crap and justifying it as a friendship now makes it ok that it happened. This is just my speculation. The guy also works with some of her good friends so he can't be completely out of the picture.

[ QUOTE ]
Make your father proud and dump the broad and lead a life of loneliness, and heartache.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, maybe so

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously, whether you admit it or not, want to get action from other girls, and have flirted with the idea of doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit. I've certainly flirted with the idea. But if I do really want to stick with this relationship, I'm going to be wary of driving the final nail in the coffin. What honor I do have wouldn't allow me to keep her in the dark about relations with another girl, nor to allow her the indignity of staying with me.

[ QUOTE ]
We would be teeing off on the privacy issue if the OP didn't do silly things like email his ex-gfs with "hey beautiful" and play a non-zero role in feeding this crazy girl's paranoia.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I contributed to the paranoia. I also trusted my privacy. This doesn't make the behavior proper and I've certainly learned from the experience.

[ QUOTE ]
so how long until she finds this thread and goes batsh*t?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably soon. I'm alone in her apartment right now using some neighbors wireless connection.

If I decided to breakup with her I have jokingly contemplated only allowing her to respond to me in this thread for the amusement of OOT. But this wasn't serious. I'm not that mean.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize David Arquette posted on 2p2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I seem to have more lookalikes than anyone I know. That's my first Arquette, but I've gotten Sean Penn, Orlando Bloom, Justin Timberlake, and Screech withing the past few years. I don't get it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right about this being a vast majority of girls. I've brought the issue up with a few close girlfriends and they all admitted doing something of the like in the past (so be careful guys).

She didn't exactly use hacker tools. Most recently, all she had to do was go to Tools/Options/Security/ShowPasswords/ShowPasswords in Firefox. This is something you should all check to make sure you have it secure.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not gonna derail this thread BUT there is only a few select on here that actually believe i am a woman -which i am, but it is VERY strange you just happen to know that, when all others are calling me a HE. I think ur leveling...and slipped up by stating i'm a woman. HMMM???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why, but I gleaned the same thing from your posts early in the thread. Honestly don't know why though.

[ QUOTE ]
And what does he have to say about the fire incident so g/f had to move in...and how hard was it to get her to move out??

[/ QUOTE ]

What bothered me was that her mother was willing to foot the bill to get her into an apartment immediately. I was happy with her living with me a few weeks. However, she chose an apartment that didn't have an opening for months (well actually they did have two open immediately, but she didn't like the location of those particular rooms in the complex. To be fair, her location is better...but comeon).

[ QUOTE ]
and what are these "secret things"????????

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, just what I've already mentioned. Internet communications with other girls and the like. No pictures of Dakota Fanning or anything like that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
This should stop before a giant beer can falls out of the sky and crushes OP

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe
Old 09-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Re: Aladare, didn't she say she was a female in some earlier post? Like just a day or two ago? So I don't think we had to do any deducing.

Re: Firefox password thingy, good to know.

Re: Someone snooping on you by using your passwords, I thought trust was supposed to be important in a relationship. Or maybe people just mean getting it, not giving it yourself, or deserving any. This seems pretty bad to me, and I would have trouble with it.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Blarg, you wouldn't have trouble with OP's behavior? Especially keeping in mind this is self-described behavior, so it probably puts his actions in the best possible light.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you should move on and learn whatever lessons there are to learn from this trainwreck, at least one of which is "don't flirt with other girls while in a committed relationship."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really a great lesson to be learning? There's clearly a line to be drawn somewhere (though I've discovered I'm probably mediocre at drawing it) but I think if I did this or expected my fiancee to stop flirting it would probably have some sort of negative impact on our relationship.

If this question is too heavy for this thread, you may all return to your regularly scheduled program of ogling and mockery.