Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Clinton-Obama

I think people are underestimating the amount of latent sexism/racism that is still present within a large amount of voters. I wouldn't be shocked at all for a large percentage of the population to just say that a man could do a better job in the white house than a woman.

Out of curiosity: Does Obama bring anything to a ticket with Clinton? I would guess that Clinton/Edwards would be a much stronger ticket than with Obama. I mean I like Obama, I think he's a nice guy. But is he really gonna change the outcome as much as a Southern white man?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 PM

Edwards doesnt really change the outcome in the south what so ever given he's viewed as a hardcore liberal.

Clinton's biggest problem is most of the country has already made up their mind about her and like half the country [censored] hates her with passion.

The difference between Obama and Clinton is Clinton will get all the Dems votes but very little moderate republicans and indeps.

Obama will get all the Dems votes and a decent amount of Indeps and moderate/disallusioned republicans.

The gender factor with a woman president is a much bigger negative than a black male president...especially given Obama being so dynamic.

My mother is a former rep who hates GWB with a passion eventhough it pained her to have to vote for the douchebag Kerry. If Hillary is the nominee..she'll vote for her whoever is her opponent. If the Dem nominee is anyone other than Hillary she'll vote for them. she has a whole group of female friends who are similar minded
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM

A little off-topic, but can someone explain to me why is it exactly that these people absolutely hate Hillary Clinton?

I see that hardcore republicans etc. would despise her, but based on the discussion it seems to run deeper than that. Do these people also all hate Bill Clinton with the same passion? And if not, what has Hillary done to alienate all these people sympathetic to her husband?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The gender factor with a woman president is a much bigger negative than a black male president...especially given Obama being so dynamic.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

I'm curious why you think this is true. Are you just pulling this out of your ass, which seems most likely to me? Or is there some polling data that suggests this is true?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edwards doesnt really change the outcome in the south what so ever given he's viewed as a hardcore liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oddly, Edwards' roots will actually help all over the country. There's a certain strain of white working class voter, both in big Northern cities and in more rural areas everywhere, who wants to vote Democratic for pocketbook issues, but can be persuaded to vote Republican. These guys will not vote for a Democrat if it's someone they think looks down on them (Kerry, et al). Clinton got votes from them partly because he was from Arkansas and had an accent to prove it. No one with that accent is going to be looking down on anyone else, even if he did go to fancy schools. Edwards has gives off the same vibe.

FWIW: If Gore had even my mild Southern accent, he'd be in the White House as we speak (yes, voters are that shallow).
Old 09-03-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

I'm curious why you think this is true. Are you just pulling this out of your ass, which seems most likely to me? Or is there some polling data that suggests this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think it more common sense. In a world of Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, heavy masculine strong leader type world. If given the choice between a somewhat moderate looking tough guy but likeable male president--Rudy or Fred...or a tough bitchy not very likeable female president- Hillary...who do u think the average older male, esp the indep or conservative dem, is going to choose?

I think a lot of people don't like Hillary cuz she let her husband treat her like [censored] all because she was such a power hungry bitch.

And yes I think most people esp women who don't like Hillary...also detest Bill Clinton...and they aint all republicans
Old 09-03-2007, 02:48 PM

Edwards was considered to be one of the worst VP picks last election and got credit for delivering basically no votes to Kerry. What exactly is different this time?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Castro likes it, it must be good for Amerika.

From my trip to Barnes and Noble to get a book for my 5 year old:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 PM

Are you kidding about Clinton and Obama?

How about Gore if the Democrats expect to WIN the election.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A little off-topic, but can someone explain to me why is it exactly that these people absolutely hate Hillary Clinton?

I see that hardcore republicans etc. would despise her, but based on the discussion it seems to run deeper than that. Do these people also all hate Bill Clinton with the same passion? And if not, what has Hillary done to alienate all these people sympathetic to her husband?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about what she said about her husband having an affair? She said publicly and wrote in her book that she was unaware Bill was having an affair. Do you think even the Democrats want somebody as naaive as that to be the Prez?