Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 AM

Default When gas hits $10 / gallon, we\'re totally [censored]

How long till gas hits $10 a gallon, and what happens afterwards? I predict within 5 years we'll be at that point, and I believe our civilization will be horrifically affected by this.

There are so many ways for this to happen. Our gasoline refineries are at maximum capacity, and we're not building any more of them. If I were a terrorist I'd be dirty bombing those facilities. Oil companies have greatly exaggerated the amount of reserves they have (makes their stock price go up).. but peak oil is rapidly approaching when the world will realize there isn't much oil left to drill for. Or smuggled nukes will go off either in the US or middle east (which will halt all shipping).. Or a major war will break out... or China, India and all the other developing nations will grow so much and their thirst for oil will become so great that prices will escalate quickly.

People won't be able to afford $200+ to fill up a tank of gas, then drive to work. Farmers won't be able to buy the fuel needed for their farm equipment, so the food supply will plummet. Products that depend on oil (which is damn near everything) will become horrifically scarce and expensive. Massive inflation will wipe out people's savings. Whats left of our economy will deteriorate into a depression that will make the 20's look like a cake walk.

Of course the Democrats don't give a crap about insuring adequate energy supplies for our country. They don't want us to drill for new oil anywhere, the "greens" are total [censored].. Dems win elections when people are miserable so its in their best interest to see that our country suffers as much as possible, lose wars, etc.. In other words, we're really gona be f'ked after Hillary gets elected.

Now lets talk about what happens when gas hits $20 a gallon.

L8r.. BB